Not Failed Recordings, just not recorded, plus other strange goings on!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Richard5, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Richard5

Richard5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening All

Came home this evening to find everything that what I had set to record had not been recorded. Though no failure details, all programs were listed as if they were going to be recorded at a later date. Tried manual recording something there and then, though the "R" symbol came up against the programm, the red light on the front did not illuminate.

A few points worth noting

Fitted a 160gb Maxtor about 2 months ago and has all been fine.

When I push TV Guide and 0 to enter the Sky Planner, it takes ages (well in comparison to what it use to) to come up with my programmes, I'd say about 5 seconds, before it was instant.

I was going to record "How to start your own country" on BBC2 this evening, that has disappeared from where it should be in my planner, and is now at the very top with a date of "01/01" on it!!!!!!

Scheduled to record for tomorrow night (Wed) it has "Searching" in the programme title bar, when I push "i" it has the details for the programme "How to start your own country"!!

I have tried a planner rebuild, no joy

Forced a software download, and now when it powers up the picture is very distorted (lots of funny green flashes and other undescribable thinks all over it) the search and scan banner information is not available, nor are the channel numbers when I change channel, trying to access services or TV Guide just brings up a blue screen with the Sky logo top left, and the lovely music, but no information.

I can only change channels by inputting the numbers directly, not using up/down etc, some channels are stuttering (ie Sky news ticker jerks across the screen) and some channel audio and video are out of sync.

If I try and acess a radio channel via directly inputting say 855 for 5 live, 5 live starts playing (ie I can hear it) but the picture remains on the TV channel I was watching previously!!

I disconnected my phone line a few weeks ago, but thinking this may be a problem have re-connected it ( I have had Sky + well over a year though), but this made no difference either.

Hope this makes sense, has anybody any ideas on what may be going on, and how to resolve it?

Many thanks for any help

Richard

PS I would give the details of box and EPG software etc, but I can't get into "services" to obtain the information, sorry

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Take a look at your signal strength & quality in the services section. If you have forced a software update with a poor incoming signal, it will have corrupted the software on the box. If there's a problem with the signal, you need to get this sorted before you do another update, otherwise this time it could result in a non-working box.

Note: just seen that you can't get into services. You could risk another update, but if I were in your shoes, I would call Sky and pay £65.

3. Richard5

Richard5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Afternoon again

After getting cheesed off with the box I left it unplugged all night and today, on returning home from work I plugged it back in, and hey presto everything works fine again!!

The recordings from last night now say failed, cancelled (so not true!).

So I don't really not what the problem was, and wether it will occur again.

FYI System details are

Manufacturer Pace
    Model 3.024
    Version No 9F2104
    Serial No 0070496176
    OS Ver 1.31A8
    EPG Software Sky+ 1.28.d

Is this the most up to date software.

Thanks to everyone who helped

Rgrds

Richard