Not enough HDMI inputs

atari boy

Novice Member
Help, I am not an AV expert and need some tv input advice, please.

I have a 'KD 49XE7073' in my son's playroom. As I understand things, it has three HDMI inputs at the rear of the tv.
Is there any way of converting/adapting other inputs or added a switch so I can have two additional HDMI inputs; in essence, I need five inputs.
I have tried using an 'av in' adaptor with the red, white and yellow RCA input, but this didn't work. There are three USB ports, can they be used for any inputs?

As you can probably sense, I am out of my depth, is the best solution to buy a three into one midi switch, or is there a better solution?
If a switch is the best way to go, can anyone recommend a good quality one, please?

Thank you in advance.

Jester1066

Help, I am not an AV expert and need some tv input advice, please.

I have a 'KD 49XE7073' in my son's playroom. As I understand things, it has three HDMI inputs at the rear of the tv.
Is there any way of converting/adapting other inputs or added a switch so I can have two additional HDMI inputs; in essence, I need five inputs.
I have tried using an 'av in' adaptor with the red, white and yellow RCA input, but this didn't work. There are three USB ports, can they be used for any inputs?

As you can probably sense, I am out of my depth, is the best solution to buy a three into one midi switch, or is there a better solution?
If a switch is the best way to go, can anyone recommend a good quality one, please?

Thank you in advance.

Hi welcome to the forum.

Since you have a 4K TV & or devices, you could get get this

And some additional HDMI cables (if you have no spares!). Setup is easy:

Plug 1 HDMI cable into the 1 of the TV's HDMI inputs. Other end goes into the "Output" of the HDMI Switcher.

All your devices plug into an input on the switcher (not the TV). Once all connections are done, select the HDMI input on you TV that the switcher is connected to. You then use the switchers remote to select the individual device. See the picture attached - showing setup.

Beauty of these switchers are the remotes, means you can simply use the switcher remote to select the device you want to output to the TV.

Hope this helps! Any questions just ask!

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-154848_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210125-154848_eBay.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom