'Not Enough Credit On Your Viewing Card' Message When I Try To Order a SBOHD movie

Kevo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everytime I try an order a Sky Box Office HD Movie (haven't tried normal Sky Box Office) I keep getting an error message 'Not Enough Credit On Your Viewing Card, Please contact ....'.
So I end up having to phone them and order the film over the phone.
Each time they say they will increase the credit and it should work next time, but it doesn't.

I must admit I don't order than many films, three in the last year (there just isn't owt worth paying for!).
Anyway, I thought I'd take advantage of this '2 Free Box Office Movies' offer that Sky sent out recently, but it does state that it must be ordered via the remote.
The last Sky techie said it would take 24 hours for the new credit to apply so i'm hoping it will work tonight, otherwise I don't think i'll be able to get the free films before teh offer expires at the end of Aug

I don't understand why I keep getting this message and how this 'credit system' works. Is it based on any of the settings in the Services to do with the amount you enter when dialling out?

do you have your box connected to the phone?

It is supposed to pay for BO movies using the phone connection. If the phone connection isn't there, or the phone is otherwise engaged, it saves the information to the card. Eventually that gets full, until eventually it is able to phone home...

do you have your box connected to the phone?

It is supposed to pay for BO movies using the phone connection. If the phone connection isn't there, or the phone is otherwise engaged, it saves the information to the card. Eventually that gets full, until eventually it is able to phone home...

Yes it is connected, they ask me to test this everytime and each time it is confirmed as connected.

Do you have a broadband connection? If so, do you have an ADSL filter on your extension to the HD box?

Just a thought!

ATB

Max

Do you have a broadband connection? If so, do you have an ADSL filter on your extension to the HD box?

Just a thought!

ATB

Max

Yes but that's on a seperate line (BT).
The Sky stb is connected to my NTL phone line. An odd set up I know, but it's convenient.

same happened to me today when i tried to record hot fuzz on sbo hd.

Talked to Sky CS and she said my box hadn't had a call back since 2005 and couldn't understand why.

They are currently checking for me :rolleyes:

I'm getting this message too.
Which is really annoying,when I've been told I'm (we all) are getting two free films before the end of August.:mad:
Try and order a free film and get "you don't have enough credit"
Eh ?:rolleyes:

my box must have reset itself last night, possibly an update? wonder if this is effecting it?

Guys, I had this problem a while ago. It is because the box cannot connect to Sky to upload the data, and clear the card. However it was not a phone connection problem, it was a faulty box.

They replaced my box and all was fine.

That reminds me, must claim my 2 free Box Office movies before the end of the month :smashin:

Regards the free movies. Once I've ordered them and they are in my planner I seem to remember I have to watch them within a certain time or they get deleted. Is this right, and if so how long have I got?

Guys, I had this problem a while ago. It is because the box cannot connect to Sky to upload the data, and clear the card. However it was not a phone connection problem, it was a faulty box.

They replaced my box and all was fine.

That reminds me, must claim my 2 free Box Office movies before the end of the month :smashin:

That's great my box is out of warranty.
Would they still replace it FOC? It's in their interest more than mine.

Regards the free movies. Once I've ordered them and they are in my planner I seem to remember I have to watch them within a certain time or they get deleted. Is this right, and if so how long have I got?

Box office movies will stay in your planner, as has been said, for a week after being recorded. if they have not been watched they'll delete automatically and you won't be charged.

Hopwever, if you watch any part of the RECORDING, even the adverts at the beginning, you then have 24 hours to watch it as many times as you want/can and you'll be charged once. Basically anything that changes the status of the program in the planner to change to 'viewed' will result in a charge.

That's great my box is out of warranty.
Would they still replace it FOC? It's in their interest more than mine.

Bummer. I hear where you're coming from but I doubt they'll do that but you could try. Mine was in warranty, but one thing I didn't know was the year warranty does not start again with the new box, only from when I purchased the original one.:eek:

There are usually cheapish boxes on E bay if the Sky price is too high. Check with Sky though to ensure it is faulty, I'm only saying what happened with mine, it still could be their system at fault.

Just to give you an update...

Tried ordering a film again and STILL getting the same message :mad:
Phoned up Sky and they said it should be fixed in 5 WORKING DAYS!
Though they couldn't say what the cause was after trying varoius phone-line checks.
I think i'm going to need a replacement box, like CityFan (1-0 :thumbsup:) says.

She ordered the film for me and said I will get it FOC (Don't worry, i'll check keep an eye on my account).

Also as the film I ordered is on Sunday night just how do I go about recording it? It won't let me schedule it in my planner and the last time I tried to record whilst I was a SBO movie live it also wouldn't let me record it as it sais 'had already started' :confused:

Just to give you an update...

Tried ordering a film again and STILL getting the same message :mad:
Phoned up Sky and they said it should be fixed in 5 WORKING DAYS!
Though they couldn't say what the cause was after trying varoius phone-line checks.
I think i'm going to need a replacement box, like CityFan (1-0 :thumbsup:) says.

She ordered the film for me and said I will get it FOC (Don't worry, i'll check keep an eye on my account).

Also as the film I ordered is on Sunday night just how do I go about recording it? It won't let me schedule it in my planner and the last time I tried to record whilst I was a SBO movie live it also wouldn't let me record it as it sais 'had already started' :confused:

Yeah 1-0 to the blues :smashin:

The last one I ordered was over the phone because of my problem I'm sure I managed to put it in my planner. Not sure how though. Think I just clicked on it before it started, pressed record and it went into my planner

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom