Not BT UHD on infinity fibre??

dollag

I was wondering if anyone has tried to get their UHD package but been declined due to their internet speeds.

I have BT Infinity 2 with up to 76mb download and 20mb upload speeds. I consistently receive over 50mb download speed even at peak times.

I contacted BT to order their new box and UHD 'channel' as i thought £13 was a very good price for the overall package (i'm not one for watching sky movies so not that fussed on the additional packages) BT advised me that my internet speeds are too slow for that package, regardless that i have their most expensive broadband service, and so am unable to receive this service.

I am very disappointed with BT and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

With Sky Q on the horizon I may just switch; however, until now, i was happy with BT's service.

Random Precision

I was wondering if anyone has tried to get their UHD package but been declined due to their internet speeds.

I have BT Infinity 2 with up to 76mb download and 20mb upload speeds. I consistently receive over 50mb download speed even at peak times.

I contacted BT to order their new box and UHD 'channel' as i thought £13 was a very good price for the overall package (i'm not one for watching sky movies so not that fussed on the additional packages) BT advised me that my internet speeds are too slow for that package, regardless that i have their most expensive broadband service, and so am unable to receive this service.

I am very disappointed with BT and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

With Sky Q on the horizon I may just switch; however, until now, i was happy with BT's service.
Your speed is fast enough, BT specify that you require a speed of 44Mb and above for UHD. I'd get back onto them.

mrapriliafalco1

My speed test on lap top says 75 mb which is far more than enough for Ultra TV,but when I do the Broadband speed on my Ultra Uview box,I get sorry your fast enough for HD but not for Ultra HD.Imseriously frustrated by this and BT cannot find a solution.

dollag

My speed test on lap top says 75 mb which is far more than enough for Ultra TV,but when I do the Broadband speed on my Ultra Uview box,I get sorry your fast enough for HD but not for Ultra HD.Imseriously frustrated by this and BT cannot find a solution.

I am on the phone to them as we speak.

They advertise their UHD service with their 38mb package on the website; done a speed check on my line, which confirmed i am getting over 50mb.

They are now stating that it must be a problem with the exchange and there is nothing that can be done.

mrapriliafalco1

Honestly mate,I've had 3 engineers out,one blamed the box outside,the other two said I've no idea what his on about!!!!!
Ive had enough of it now

martimu

Did you get this solved? Presume normal HD works? Thanks Martin

dollag

Did you get this solved? Presume normal HD works? Thanks Martin

Hi Martin,

Nope this isn't sorted as yet, has been escalated through their complaints process.

Numerous tests on my line confirm that I get fast enough speeds; however, they do not know why their system is not allowing to process the order.

Will keep thread up to date following their findings

thestig230

Thought I'd jump in here now that BT have finally got me on the package I ordered from them back in October!!
I'm on BT's infinity 1 package and am getting the UHD channel no problem.
Kids can be watching YouTube, missus on Facebook and seems to be ok. Not had it long enough to actually watch a game yet but that'll change in the next couple of days when the Boxing Day match is on.

martimu

That's good to hear.
Sky came back to me with a really good offer so i've stuck with them for the next while. Was bit nervous about switching with all the issues people were having

dollag

Well after 4 months of hassle, BT have confirmed that i cannot have their UHD package.

Reason; well there isnt one other than their systems tell them that i do not receive fast enough speeds. They have terminated the contract so i am not locked in; however, this does not really help as they still offer the best service in my area. I was considering moving to plusnet..... we will see

martimu

Well after 4 months of hassle, BT have confirmed that i cannot have their UHD package.

Reason; well there isnt one other than their systems tell them that i do not receive fast enough speeds. They have terminated the contract so i am not locked in; however, this does not really help as they still offer the best service in my area. I was considering moving to plusnet..... we will see

Oh dear 'Computer says no' at it's very finest. Not exactly endearing themselves to potential customers. I was about to order (prior to the Sky offer) and their web ordering said the same to me despite a min of 60mb on my line. Called up and they checked the line saying it would be fine.

Think I was right to be skeptical!

Take it Sky or Virgin no good for you as an alternative?

dollag

Oh dear 'Computer says no' at it's very finest. Not exactly endearing themselves to potential customers. I was about to order (prior to the Sky offer) and their web ordering said the same to me despite a min of 60mb on my line. Called up and they checked the line saying it would be fine.

Think I was right to be skeptical!

Take it Sky or Virgin no good for you as an alternative?

Sky does not Offer fast speeds (38mb) and virgin do not deliver any service to my house :(

martimu

Sorry i meant for TV services. Which is what currently do BT broadband with Sky TV. Cost is of course an issue though

dollag

I'm going to hold out and see what sky Q has to offer once launched

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom