Not all channels working....

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by tony_yates, Jul 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. tony_yates

tony_yates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hello All,

Until recently we were getting all freesat channels, then it started to get a bit intermittent in that not all channels are working, but then they will all start working again. We get the message 'the receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is to weak'

This typically affects BBC channels.... for example just now BBC 2 HD is fine but no BBC 1 or BBC 1 HD or BBC 2, and i imagine at some point all will start working.

The receiver is a Humax HDR1000S, when viewing a channel both tuner strength and quality are v good

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Tony

2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +456
    You need to post more details, especially which region.
    Check you your troublesome channels at Lyngsat - look at the first column.
    What you need to note is the H or V and if the frequency is < 11700 or more.

If all the problem channels have the same attributes then it would suggest a failing LNB.

3. pedro2000uk

pedro2000uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,085
    They've just undergone one of the biggest GSO satellite changeovers at 28e for a long time with Eutelsat's 28A retiring & SES's new Astra 2G arriving at the same time. Some channels have swapped from 28A to several Astra 2s & some swapped from existing Astra 2s to 2G - some have stayed the same, some changed frequencies & even symbol rates & some swapped more than once... been real fun.

So I'd try a Freesat rescan 1st.

Unfortunately, it could be something else, so if that doesn't solve it I'd look for tree growth 1st, otherwise check the usual suspects... dish / lnb/ cables & connectors & if that doesn't unearth the fault, it could be the receiver so if possible check the dish etc.. with another receiver to see if the fault persists - if not, it points to the receiver having a fault - most popular being a failing PSU which may not be a power issue but spurious frequency issue from the SMPSU- it could even be another media device TV/other STB / DVD etc.,.] causing electrical &/or rf interference, again typically it's SMPSU .

4. tony_yates

tony_yates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Thanks for the replies... I'm hoping it's the LNB, but as I don't have a long ladder I'll try the re-scan first, didn't know about the change Pedro refers to.

There are no trees, my thoughts on cabling was nothing has changed so hopefully not that, I'm hoping it's not the receiver.

Ta