Not a Sony...... And Not an IPOD

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by helpneeded, Aug 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What do people think of Archos?

The Gmini™ XS 202 is 20GB in size, bigger screen than both Sony and IPOD, smaller and lighter, and less money too???

Why isn't it more popular?

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had its younger brother, XS200. Couldn't get on with its buggy onboard software. Maybe that's why?

3. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    battery life, not 30gb, square

4. blitter

blitter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own an Archos Jukebox Recorder 6Gb ultil I bought my HD5 a month ago. Now my brother is using the Archos.
    After considering A LOT of players, my decision was between XS200 and HD5 because the size and weight are near equal. But battery life is a big point for HD5.
    Another point to consider is the direct access to the ARchos HD to transfer files: no need to use a program which is always and inconvenient.
    The Archos firmware is FAR superior to the Sony one. I think that if you have used or tasted both firmwares, you'll agree with me.
    Now that I own the HD5, I think that ATRAC3 Plus is big plus for Sony too. But again, I prefer the firmware of my old Archos (it's far better: lots of functionality, real playlists on the fly, equalisations for MP3, etc.)

The XS202 is a big plus for ARchos, because of the double battery life. I think that 17h is a good battery life, since the HD5 is publicited with 40h for 64Kb ATRAC, and 30h for 128Kb MP3, but what about 256 VBR MP3? The player dies after about 15-20h (more or less). Now it would be a difficult decision to choose between the players.