Not a happy bunny with ISP

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Mad Mikeyboy, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Mad Mikeyboy

Mad Mikeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The names have been changed to protect the guilty !!!

A couple of weeks ago my wife was in hospital giving birth. I got up the next morning and went to use my house phone only to discover the line was dead. Since I was eager to get my phone fixed I phoned Bt straight away. They did a line test and discovered there was indeed a fault and they sent out an engineer. He arrived and found that one of the DSL filters was faulty and told me I would be charged a £55 call out fee. Having only had broadband installed one month previously I phone my ISP to see if I would be re-imbursed for this charge. I was told "No, you will not be re-imbursed. You should have contacted us first and we would have discovered the faulty filter." Nowhere does it state that if you have a problem with your land line you should phone the ISP first. I was also asked if I had tried to connect to the internet, which of course I had not. Even if I had , and could not connect I would still assume it was a fault with the line.

I have written to complain twice now and am getting nowhere.
    I have told them that I intend to cancel my subscription as soon as my minimum term expires as I am truly brassed off with there poor customer service and bad handling of my complaint.

This company shall remain nameless on the forum but I will have hesitation on telling everyone I know how crap they are.

Just had to vent some anger!!