Not a football fan never played any video games

rosenelson

Established Member
Reaction score
Midlife crisis; need a new hobby.
Is it too late to get into gaming? Xbox or Ps?

never too late to get into gaming.

Both PS4 and Xbox One have good and bad points I would go with which ever one most / any of your friends have so you can try some online gaming.

If not then it comes down to if any of the exclusive titles sway you one way or the other, really not that much between the two consoles imo.

Or should wait for the VR kits like Occulus Or Morpheus

Never too late. What we are benefiting from in the past 10 years, and going forward, is a generation of creators who grew up playing and experiencing gaming, coupled with budgets that compare to TV show or even summer blockbusters in some cases.

If you can persevere with controllers, there are some incredible single player experiences to be had, not to mention the fun and frolics of a good online multiplayer experience.

Perhaps pick up a cheap PS3 and some games as a taster?

Thanks Humafish, that's what I was thinking of as well. Cheap PS3 or Xbox 360 to see if I like them....

Also consider PC gaming. Maybe you already have a PC.
Not a fan of consoles myself. Can't aim properly with a controller. Need a mouse.

Have a decent i7 8 gig laptop , will that do? Any suitable games for that?

Have a decent i7 8 gig laptop , will that do? Any suitable games for that?
I've just started playing Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Do you think you'd like first person shooters? I'm not interested in any sports games either.
Check whether your laptop is up to spec.

Thanks Stuart, let me check. Yeah I like first person shooter games and horror movie games and alien games if any.

+1 on PC Gaming. That way if you don't like it you just have an upgraded computer, whereas if you had bought a PS4/Xbox and disliked it, it'd be a +£250 Netflix machine instead. Plus, there's amazing collection of games out there on PC, best of all it's really cheap, especially during Steam sales. To start download Steam and browse the games over there, then try to find goods deals on them.

It all depends what graphics card you have in that laptop, because they're not easy to upgrade.
Requirements Test should be able to help you determine what you can run.

Team Fortress 2 on steam is a great free multiplayer shooter, very active and fun too and I don't think it's too demanding spec wise.

Getting a deal on Xbox 360 120 gig, with Kinect ,20 games , 2 controllers, turtle something headphone, a steering wheel accessory for forza all for £90. Is this any good for a starter? Or do u say wait for tomorrow for sub 249 PS4?

Getting a deal on Xbox 360 120 gig, with Kinect ,20 games , 2 controllers, turtle something headphone, a steering wheel accessory for forza all for £90. Is this any good for a starter? Or do u say wait for tomorrow for sub 249 PS4?

Depends how much into gaming you are or want to be. £90 for that Xbox bundle sounds good, but PS4 has been out 2 years already and latest games are leaving last gen behind. If you just want to dip back into gaming, then the xbox bundle will keep you going for a while, if you want to experience the latest games too, you need to think about looking at current gen consoles.

Thanks, 'm totally new to gaming. So non idea what the new game looks like. As long as FPS, horror and alien games work I'm happy.

Another vote for its never to late.

Finally bit the bullet and ordered Xbox one halo5, forza 6 and rise of tomb raider. Looking for a Kinect 2 sensor with games now.

download steam on your laptop and try some games out. you might like elite dangerous? It's quite impressive and shows off how far games have come in terms of size/scope.

My father and I would play video-games whilst he was in mid age. We played a variety of games causally as we do not consider ourselves gamers.

Mid age is certainly not too old to play any type of video game, it is a form of entertainment at any age regardless of the level at which you wish to play.

I say go for it, I recommend the PlayStation platform, however, I have little experience with the xBox platform.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom