1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nosher

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nosher, Oct 6, 2004.

1. nosher

nosher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I'm new to avforums. Just ordered a pioneer pdp504hde.
    Am looking for a dvd and receiver to go with it but have blown more than my budget on the screen. Any tips on the cheapest hdmi compatible player and receiver. Also open to suggestions on speakers. :lease:

2. mason

mason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Nosher-

Welcome to the forums- I am a relatively new member also- and all of the guys/gals here are more than willing to help us novices!!! :smashin:

I would go to the classifieds and advertise- WTD : player and rec. for total £x!

Then you can state what you are looking for in your ad!!!

You will then- hopefully- get offered shed loads of stuff and good prices!! If in doubt- ask!

Good luck! :smashin:

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    Hi Nosher welcome to the forum. :smashin:

As this is not really the forum to ask that question. As a lot of people visiting the AV Amp/receiver forum will have DVD’s players I have moved it there tomorrow. ;)

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,354
    Can you guys help Nosher?

[Moved from General Chat By Garrett]

5. nosher

nosher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks garrett and mason.
    I was seriously considering a Harman Kardon DVD22 adn AVR630 but from what I can make out they use component not hdmi.
    Do you think they are upto use with pdp504hde?
    My budget is stretched since I bought the Plasma.
    I have no idea what speakers to go for.
    Also I have a Sony 940 AV receiver with learning remote and pascal speakers to sell from my older set up. They were just under £1000.00 new about 2 years ago. What do you reckon I could get for them now? They are in as new condition with allthe manuals etc....

6. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only dvd players i would use on that screen would be pioneer DV668/868 or arcam dv79. I'd keep the surround system from before if it'll allow you enough budget to get one of these players.

7. nosher

nosher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Bobby punk.
    Have toyed with the idea of keeping the receiver but wanted some black finish speakers to go with screen.
    2 option I have considered are pioneer S-V10-III and the crane audio3 with submariner
    They look great. Just don't know if they would sound as good as/ better than my sony pascals.
    The sony's looked great when I bought them but I have passed the small pod appearance. ANy offers anyone??
    Also I have a sony dvd 536. It was over £400 new but lacks progressive scan and the latest HDMI connection. Any offers again??