Norwegian review of DV139

When go skiing in Austria, I have to mannage. Why can't you.:D

This is the second review of the 139 in Norway. Both were :thumbsup: . The conclusion in this one was that it was beaten by the Denon 3930 on the finnishline in the picture disipline. The sound quality however more than made up for that loss. They think it's the best multiplayer on the lower side of Linn/Classe.

In the review they say that the cd sound is on par with Hegel CDP4.

The sum = The DV139 is the only player for the one that really would like to have first class picture and sound from the same unit. The Denons picture quality surpasses the Arcam with a fragment of a margin while the Arcam is way much better on CD´s.

It was highly recommended for the person that like top notch gear, can spend the money and have got a large stock of DVD´s.

There is a review in this months Home Cinema Choice Best Buys which awards the DV139 'Reference Status' which is as good as you can get. The review raves about the machines capabilities. I dont have a copy to post as stood in WHS and read it this morning whilst waiting for a train !!! Maybe someone else could post the content. Whilst HCC may not be everyones mag of choice it was nice to finally read a trade review.

I'll get hung for posting this.

In Norway the Denon A1XVA costs 28,000Nok from HiFi Klubben, the Arcam comes in slightly less at 27,000Nok from Akustikk. That's around 2330GBP and 2250GBP respectively, not much in it really.

Now then, Sevenoaks sell the Denon A1XVA for 2450GBP and the DV139 for 1800GBP ( the later by all accounts being an absolute bargain ).

I live in Norway AND WOULD REALLY LIKE TO BUY A DV139 but I am NOT GOING TO PAY A SILLY INFLATED PRICE FOR A DV139 WHEN A Denon A1XVA is only 80 squids more.

Why can't I buy a DV139 for 21700Nok?????????????? ( 1800GBP )

Sorry for shouting...

It's nearly bedtime here in Mobile, Alabama.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I'll get hung for posting this.

In Norway the Denon A1XVA costs 28,000Nok from HiFi Klubben, the Arcam comes in slightly less at 27,000Nok from Akustikk. That's around 2330GBP and 2250GBP respectively, not much in it really.

Now then, Sevenoaks sell the Denon A1XVA for 2450GBP and the DV139 for 1800GBP ( the later by all accounts being an absolute bargain ).

I live in Norway AND WOULD REALLY LIKE TO BUY A DV139 but I am NOT GOING TO PAY A SILLY INFLATED PRICE FOR A DV139 WHEN A Denon A1XVA is only 80 squids more.

Why can't I buy a DV139 for 21700Nok?????????????? ( 1800GBP )

Sorry for shouting...

It's nearly bedtime here in Mobile, Alabama.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Aren't you afraid of all the angry british Denon customers you will create with this kind of talk;) .
I would say that the Arcam price is a lot more "barginable" than the Denon. In fact I know a retailer that will give 15% of at any time for Arcam gear.

Bit of a mute point really, IMHO you will not find a better universal player out there at any price point, the other issue for me is their tech support and customer service, which again is really first class.

Aren't you afraid of all the angry british Denon customers you will create with this kind of talk;) .
I would say that the Arcam price is a lot more "barginable" than the Denon. In fact I know a retailer that will give 15% of at any time for Arcam gear.

Perhaps you can let me know who he is ( in secret ).... And I'll admit it, I did get some discount when I bought my CD36 in Sandvika, although the dealer did say he didn't have much room to move ( probably just sales talk ).

It's getting close to vacation pay time in Norway... :smashin:

Keeping my fingers crossed....

I'm going through the motions of buying a one month old DV139 at a price that's much more realistic than the recommended price here in Norway (2250GBP ).

It's being sold by a freelance journalist who has compared it to the Cary DVD-7. The article should appear in Fidelity magazine very soon. He was telling me the Arcam picture quality was much better than the Cary, but the sound wasn't as good... Should make interesting reading.

Hopefully I'll get my hands on it later next week.... Can't wait....:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom