1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton System works 2002 need replacing?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Jules, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +754
    I'm currently using Norton System works 2002, I get all the anti-virus updates as soon as possible and I have a hardware firewall built in to my ADSL modem.

The question is, do I need to buy a 2005 version of Norton anti-virus or Firewall, or is what I've got perfectly adequate so long as I keep it updated?

2. gordonfmoore

gordonfmoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use Norton Internet Security 2002 - or I did. I use the Firewall part, even with my router set to recognise only named mac addresses, but now use the Free AVG antivirus. It hasn't interfered with a single app yet, unlike Norton AV, which just can't stop mucking about with stuff it has no right to. Here's an example: Script blocking, This can stop dot net and especially asp.net apps working, but you only get the choice of run or stop, unless you pay for a server version. So get stuffed Norton. I think some mce apps use scripts, so be warned.

And have you seen how many services, unnamed ones as well, it starts...and the price goes up more than Council Tax... rant rant...