Norton 360 All-in-One Security (ver.5.0) upgrade

PeterSC

Standard Member
I am running Norton 360 All-in-One Security (Version 5.0) on a Windows 7 based laptop.

Having purchased an upgrade - Norton Internet Security 2011 pack - as advised by the store salesperson, I am now attempting to apply this upgrade but am encountering a problem: when processing the upgrade cd; selecting the install option and entering the Product Key (as prompted), I cannot proceed and am being issued with a message stating a problem has occurred and to reload/reconnect the cd. I have re-tried this process several times with the same outcome.

Assuming the cd is not faulty, should I try uninstalling Norton 360 before re-attempting the upgrade process, or does this mean an incorrect upgrade path?

(I would prefer to stay Norton security for the time being).

Your help would, as always, be much appreciated. Thanks.

peebly

Novice Member
The advice you got was wrong in fact they just conned you into paying for something you could get for free.

Do yourself a favor take it back to the shop and get your money back, Then download Microsoft security essentials which is free and works great.

I have never had any problems using MSE and have never heard of anyone else having issues with it.

PowerLee

Novice Member
I've recently ditched Norton after 9 years of being a loyal customer.

As both my laptop & desktop run Windows 7 im confident enough to allow the Windows firewall & Microsoft security essentials to protect both systems.

The thing that bugged me about Norton 360 was it encrypts your back up files so you have have 360 running on the system if you want to be able to view / use them again.

Recently had to rebuild my desktop system due to motherboard failure & re install Windows 7, I wasn't very happy when I had to then also re install 360, copy my backed up files on to my freshly rebuilt system then uninstall 360 again :mad:

New motherboard came with a free copy of Norton internet security 2011, makes a handy coaster.

PeterSC

Standard Member
Thanks guys. I wasn't aware of the MSE product and will now take this into consideration and review the situation.

I have always been sceptical of third parties' free anti-virus product offers, but given this is by Microsoft themselves I am more confident.

Your prompt response is much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom