• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Northerners or Yorkshire Folk - Help Wanted Please

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi All,

This message only applies to people who live or have lived in or around North Yorkshire, and specifically Darlington, Leyburn, Stockton-On-Tees and Middlesborough. If you don't or haven't live in those locations, then please ignore this message as it's not really likely to be of much interest to you. Cheers! :)

Okay, I may be having to move again, to take-up new employment in Leyburn. Basically, it'll just be myself, plus one cat, looking for a carpetted and curtained 2 or 3-bed house or flat, with an approximate rental price of £450 per calendar month.

If you can recommend any particular areas in or around the North Yorkshire area, that would be convenient for me to get to/from Leyburn, and are nice to live in, then please will you reply to this post, or PM me direct if you prefer. :clap:

I don't own a car, so public transport (bus or rail) is imperative, and I'd like to be within an easy distance of a supermarket, by bus, which I can buy most groceries on a day-by-day basis. Other shopping should be easily accessible via bus or rail.

Thanks, in advance! :)

Pooch

The Dude

Distinguished Member
Hi Pooch,

I can't really be of any help, other than to say that for getting to Leyburn easily... then Catterick, Ripon, Thirsk, and Northallerton should all def. be on your shortlist, but unfortunately you'll probably struggle to find anything 2 bedroom for much less than 550pm in any of those towns.

£450pm is a bit tight for that part of the county, you're looking at 1 bedroom flats really, for that kind of money.

Darlington is about 30 - 40 mins away by car depending on being south of the town or how quicker driver you are.
Being a big town, it has better accomodation options (cheaper) than the more picturesque small towns close by.

I am not from the area exactly, but I have driven through Leyburn quite a few times on my way to Darlington when taking the scenic route out of the dales to visit one of my old customers. I would advise taking a drive to Grassington via Aysgarth sometime ..... except after its been raining heavy unless you drive an anti LGS dreaded 4 x 4 ;)
Leyburn is nothing particularly special in itself, but it is on the doorstep of some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Thanks for the help guys! :) Looks like Darlington it may have to be then, and use public transport to get to/from work... if I get the job that is. ;)

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom