• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Northern Sound and Vision 2009

eL-ZilCHo!

Established Member
Northern Sound and Vision 2009

Anybody planning on going this weekend?

I reckon I will, the few times I've been before its been a decent day out.

Last edited:
P

Paul Howard

I shall be there on Sunday. Its always a good day to Kick back and listen to some awesome speakers and amps that are usually on display.

jasonf01

Established Member
I went in 2008 and 2007, 2007 was good but 2008 seemed very biased towards audiophiles, it really didnt suit my needs (being a videophile and all).

That plus the recession probably means I shouldnt tempt myself lol.

Jas.

dts_boy

Prominent Member
well after a visit to the show today i have a good mind to ask for my money back! after paying £6 for parking and then my ticket cost there must have been a max of 10-20 rooms to see!
Not so much a show as a farce of an event - i felt insulted that i had paid to see this and if it were not for the fact i got to see the new arcam receiver in the 7oaks room (the main reason i went, and yes its as good as all they hype seems to be, setup with monitor audio gold speakers and denon blu-ray transport!)) i would have been been kicking up a fuss there and then :mad:
if there is not enough rooms sold to companies then surely its better to cancel than open a half-assed show like this?
anyway, rant over i'm happy enough that the Arcam is really that good and think i might wait for the new processor but those who are looking for a receiver should deffo consider this.

thompma

Established Member
i can agree with the last 2 comments, after been for the last 3 years and thoroughly enjoyed all visits, this year was a big let down.
Approx 100 mile trip each way, £6 car parking, £8 entrance and i think we managed to go round twice in 2½hrs.
Very disappointing indeed, won't go again.:thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom