Northern Hi Fi shops

andyk

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recomend a good place to go to get a speaker demo in the Leeds area?

I am new to all this quality thing. I have a cheap surround system at the moment and want to upgrade.

I have been for one demo at Sevenoaks and was fairly unimpressed with their attitude.

Is there anywhere else I could go around here?

Thanks

Image Audio
8-10, St. Annes Rd Headingley
Leeds West Yorkshire LS6 3NX
Tel: 0113 278 9374

Audiovision
brighouse

Active Home Cinema
1, Park Row
Brighouse West Yorkshire HD6 1AB
Tel: 01484 715555

I use Audiovision.........top class company

Andyk - Hi I used to live in Knaresborough many years ago along Scriven rd - anyway back to your post I have visited a place nr Doncaster called HiFi studios I think they advertise in most mags and they operate out of a converted barn and deal with mid to high end stuff - I was very impressed with them when I wanted a denon 3802 but they couldnt get one in time - from my experience they are worth the trip

Andy,

Image are good, but they used to be very expensive B+O dealer etc. I dont know if they've reduced thier prices but when I was looking everything was list price no discounts etc.

Audiovision in brighouse. I walked in said I had a budget of £15k for a home cinema and could I discuss it. The "expert" wasn't around, the shop assistant was unwilling to help. Left my name and number and they never returned my call.

SevenOaks Hi-Fi (Vicar Lane, Leeds). Talk a good talk but there after service (or lack of) is abysmal. As you can probably guess this is where I got most of my kit from. Use them and abuse them; get a demo and buy from elsewhere. I'm not bitter :D

If you can get over to Manchester, Sound & Vision. They have a good demo room.

I don't think Richer Sounds in Leeds has a demo room anymore.

There is a place in Bolton, I can't remember the name, but they advertise in HCC etc. Talk a good talk and do give a good demo. I bought my THX Kef reference Series speakers from them, although they short changed me on the speaker cable and took a lot of phone calls to sort it out.

Andy it was Park Grove to be exact 2 up from the church - about 24 yrs ago wow thats frightened me doesn't time fly. One of my work mates now lives in the new houses where vanzelsts nursery used to be at the end of scriven road - very nice

Sevenoaks in Sheffield are very helpful (ask for andy), and they've just installed a great new demo room with M&K speakers and a Denon front end.

Sound organisation in York are also helpful, I spent a full afternnon in there listening to different speakers, and only spent £1000, which looking at the kit they stock, is loose change (to them anyway!).

I've never been to the Hi-Fi studios in Doncaster myself, but have heard good reports from friends who have.

Cheers

Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom