1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NorthAmericanDVD Shipping

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by cosmokramer, Dec 12, 2003.

1. cosmokramer

cosmokramer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with shipping costs when ordering from NorthAmericanDVD?

I recently ordered Scarface Deluxe set for ~$45CAD and expected shipping costs of $2.99CAD as per their webpage.

However, just checked my CC bill and they've hit me with $31CAD shipping..:confused: I should add I live in a large town in close proximity to Glasgow so rural charges should definitely not apply (with UPS). emailed them anyway... waiting on response patiently...

Cheers,

CK

2. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +351
    i dont know anything about the retailer but the deluxe version is in a huge box and is quite hefty so maybe they had to do it by weight, even so they should warn u!
    u did mean to by the boxset not just the usual one right?

3. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    NADVD's shipping charges have always been ambiguous, to say the least. It's one of the reasons I don't use them, apart from the fact that DVD Soon are usually cheaper.

4. AlanL

AlanL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered King of the Hill Series 1, a 3 disc set costing $26.99. When I got my credit card statement I found that they had charged me £23.54, approx $39.23. That meant the shipping charge was about $12.24 - way above what I would expect from the figures on their site.

Add to that the complete lack of email feedback you get from them, and the fact that there is nowhere on the site to check the progress of your order, and the obvious conclusion is to avoid them. DVD Pacific are way better.