North East Wii Alert List

Gadget Daddy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

Its been talked about people banding together to try and find stock, so if your up for it post a message and drop me a pm with your mobile number and we will exchange details, I suppose I would travel from Leeds upto Newcastle.

Im mostly available for the next 2 days so I should be able to travel between these areas at the drop of a hat wife is also available so if there are 1 per customer issues then theres a good chance I might have her with me, so we need people who can ring round and find out who has got stock and we will all swop mobile numbers to txt or ring each other should we hear about any local stock availability

Brothers / Sisters one day we shall overcome :D

Pete

I know today I missed out big style on quite a few local Asdas and Tescos as have spoken to them tonight and they confirmed they had them in

hehe.. the thrill of the chase eh! Surely you can get your excitement in other ways as well... mind you, im struggling to think of anything excited myself at the moment!

Anyway, the idea of this thread is great... I am in the North East and have rang round all over the place... it seems very few of the supermarkets in my area (Durham) have any or will be getting any! That includes several large ASDA's and a MASSIVE Tesco Extra... so if they arent getting any, who knows where I will have to go to get one! I am in Leeds at the weekend, so I will keep an eye on the forum on Saturday for any tip-offs!

ive also rang round this morning game/tesco/asda and they dont seem to be expecting any today although most tescos said the ones they had yesterday the new nothing at all about that they turned up out the blue directly from ninetendo

Might have a scoot round the supermarkets tomorrow as its my day off... thinkin about it i usually end up being dragged round them on my day off anyway! So I may as well keep an eye out.

I have rung the Newcastle Tesco & Asda 24's, all got some in last night, obv all gone now.

The people I spoke to have no idea of when next stock is arriving.

I have rung the Newcastle Tesco & Asda 24's, all got some in last night, obv all gone now.

The people I spoke to have no idea of when next stock is arriving.
I was in ASDA Washington last night so whilst I was there I asked the Manager. No Wii's and as far as he knows they're not getting any. I got them to ring ASDA in Boldon whilst I was there, but again no Wii's. I think they're all getting nabbed before they make it this far North.:rolleyes:

Ive spoke to boldon a few times and they said they had 5 in yesterday again they new nothing.

Tesco Kingston Park had about 37 in yesterday when i spoke to them, all gone obviously some woman said expecting another delivery today, have since spoke to people there another 3 times and all have said no idea, so make of that what you will

You have to ring the electronics counter at kingston park... wether or not you get a member of staff thats clued up is another matter..

This is a big big tescos so gets quite a lot of stock

On launch they told me they had 40... got there at 10:45pm and was 42 in the q doh !!

Went on sunday to get some random stuff for lunch and they had a guy next to the demo machine taking orders (the list was huge) so if they had thirty odd to sell yesterday they must be getting a hell of a lot in

p

Toys r Us is like a circus at the best of times, let alone Christmas! Dont fancy my chances of getting one from there, unless they get a massive allocation!

Toys r us placed a full page ad in the daily star (IIRC) saying they had stock of wiis on release day..

Think they'll do the same when they know they are getting stock...

Bedlam springs to mind

Went round Toon at lunch time looking for a Nunchuck and component cable;
Gamestation, Virgin, HMV, Grainger games and two branches of GAME. None of the accessories I needed in stock and none of them knew when they'd be receiving more Wii stock of any description.

Went round Toon at lunch time looking for a Nunchuck and component cable;
Gamestation, Virgin, HMV, Grainger games and two branches of GAME. None of the accessories I needed in stock and none of them knew when they'd be receiving more Wii stock of any description.
I've just been to the Metrocentre.........pretty much the same there.

Not looking good is it! Still time, I guess...

I think asda is a good bet in the north east, they have a massive massive depot in washington!

Phoned asda boldon and they said delievry is sometime between 2-9pm, but no idea if there would be any Wii's

I think asda is a good bet in the north east, they have a massive massive depot in washington!

Phoned asda boldon and they said delievry is sometime between 2-9pm, but no idea if there would be any Wii's
You think they'd know........:rolleyes: Galleries ASDA still have not had any Wii's so they may be a good bet as well.

gamestation west denton had ... wii play , wii remotes and component cables on sunday... deffo had plenty of wii play(bundle) and the remotes

gamestation west denton had ... wii play , wii remotes and component cables on sunday... deffo had plenty of wii play(bundle) and the remotes

Perhaps you could do a lovely chrismassy thing, buy up all the component cables etc, and sell them on here for what they cost you:smashin:

Make a lot of people happy.

gamestation at the metro center had all the accessories behind the counter on the wall on tuesday night

WH Smiths also had all the accessories in on the same night

Virgin also had a few bits in

(no component leads etc tho)

Perhaps you could do a lovely chrismassy thing, buy up all the component cables etc, and sell them on here for what they cost you:smashin:

Make a lot of people happy.

I did think about it.... ( went to buy up the A++ gamecube games on the cheap for when i finally get my hands on my wii... sounds rather unpleasant)

But need the cash for xmas and all that ... so i cant im affraid :-(

I did think about it.... ( went to buy up the A++ gamecube games on the cheap for when i finally get my hands on my wii... sounds rather unpleasant)

But need the cash for xmas and all that ... so i cant im affraid :-(

Dont make me furious,you wouldnt like me when I am furious :rolleyes:

I hate Gamestation. When I was after an XBOX HD DVD, I phoned the store in the Metrocentre and was told they had a couple in. Drove down only to find they'd upped the price by £40. Supplied and demand they told me.:censored: I walked away and in a couple of days managed to get one at RRP. So they can say goodbye to my business in the future.:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom