1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Normalizing Tracks In Atrac3plus?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Dokken, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Dokken

Dokken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi does anyone know how to normalize atrac3plus files, either using sonicstage or a third party software? At present when playing tracks from my hd5h in the car using a cassette adapter, its becoming a bit of pain adjusting the volume for each track.

I have encoded them in atrac3plus 256, and would like to keep to that format if possible, for the benifits atrac brings!

Any ideas, help!

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I know is that you can ask SS to normalise when burning CDs. Otherwise, I don't think it's possible. I used to use MP3Gain (freeware) for my MP3s - works a treat, I can you! Maybe - hassle though it is, and quality loss though you'd endure - you could re-rip to 320 MP3, then use MP3Gain, THEN convert to ATRAC?

Just a suggestion, naturally ...

3. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only problem, of course: you'd lose the benefits of gapless playback. Bummer ...

4. Dokken

Dokken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Not a bad idea, but like you said losing gapless playback, a bummmmmmer. And I've already ripped my cd's (185) in mp3 256 + in atrac3plus 256, don't think I can bare doing it again!

I've just done a google on the subject, you can do loads with other formats, but atrac its a no no.