Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Normal viewing distance ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by ncpl, May 13, 2003.

1. ncpl

ncpl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Steve,

Did you ask what normal viewing distance is ?
    I was sat about 4-5 meters away from the Fuji and could always hear it apart from when movie/SKY vols were about at least 55+ (on the Meridian vol scales...approx dbs). Maybe this is even slightly greater than average distance. Who knows.

I have had the MXE up in the lounge for a couple of weeks now (same bracket, same wall, same distance etc etc). Guess what, I forgot about the noise.

Why?

Because there is no noise. I've only managed one movie in two weeks (life's been a bit hectic) but it wasn't until afterwards that I realised I hadn't heard a peep from the screen.

I'll put some proper thoughts together on MXE PQ when I get a chance, but, even with my own attempt at initial screen settings, the PQ on DVD/prog scan is simply stunning. Strangely, the Fuji had the edge on Sky PQ though. I have some ideas about this to follow.

Why not see if 7 Oakes will lend you the HHA or at least guarantee against the noise for a swap or refund ?

Have I used a scaler ? No. JS Scart-VGA. I presume you meant MXE not Fuji though. Fuji was via JS Scart-YUV.