1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Normal TV-viewing and logos?!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by peterakastorm, Aug 22, 2005.

1. peterakastorm

peterakastorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've decided on the either the PWD8 or the PHD8 depending on the price the company can give me on the PHD8...

But then I have my reservations... How do you avoid the logos that are on EVERY channel today? Here in Denmark all the channels have stativ logos on either one of the top corners... And the manual states, that you should avoid such kinds of logos... But how do I watch normal television then?? Do I pan the picture, so the top isn't even shown... or what do I do?

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    In the UK on most though not all of the channels, the logo disappears during advert breaks so it's not constantly on the screen. I've had a plasms for 2 years and use Sky for viewing so I get logos all the time and have had no problems with them.

John

3. peterakastorm

peterakastorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok... Well, the logo does also disappear during commercial breaks in Denmark too... but I was just a little worried anyway... But thanks for the comfort you've just giving me :D

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    With contrast and brightness set at the correct levels you should not run any risk of screen burn and image retention on these models of plasma. They are supossed to be pretty much burn in and image retenion proof anyway. :)