1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

normal scart v rgb comp scart

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by tij303, Dec 29, 2003.

1. tij303

tij303
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry to appear stupid but I am awaiting delivery of a new tv/dvd recorder both of which use rgb component scart. Problem is I have searched the forums tring to work out the differece between a normal scart and the rgb one as in all honesty I cant tell the difference in the web sites- play 247 are advertising some thor 75 ohm impedence ones that seem good quality - are these ok for an rgb composite tv/dvd or am I missing something ?- I have read it depends on the number of pins i.e 21 but the play 247 advert does not mention this. Any basic advice would be greatly appreciated,

thanks

2. DucatiEVO

DucatiEVO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As long as it's fully wired (21pins) it will support RGB, you can buy some scarts which are only wired for certain connections.

If you're unsure about the Play ones you could call and check they are fully wired or look elsewhere. 'www.hificables.co.uk' do some nice Scarts (fully wired etc).

Hope this helps. :)

p.s nothing stupid about the question, better to be sure than waste money and find out the hard way!

3. tij303

tij303
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply - it explains it perfectly. I will probably get one just for the picture and an audio cable as well for the dvd/tv connection. Cheers again!

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The Thor ones are fully wired, and by all counts are an absolute steal at RRP of £29.99 (I have one and can vouch for it) so you'll be getting a huge bargain from Play.

5. tij303

tij303
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks - the ones at play are only £14.99 in fact (1.5 m). Im off to pick up the dvd recorder at richer sounds so ill see what they have but will probably order the play ones unlss there is a benefit in having 'non audio' rgb scart and buying a separate audio cable - any suggestions? thanks again for the advice,

6. tij303

tij303
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just for anyone's info I bought a multi-region philips dvd r75 from richer sounds - thanks to the other thread!! - for only £220. I told the staff (Sheffield branch) that play 247 were doing the thor scart leads cheap (richer sounds were selling them for 30 quid each) and they price matched - I got two for £29.99 - without waiting for the mail. Worth a try if anyone else wants them and live near to richer sounds - thanks for all the other advice by the way.