1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

normal interconnect cables vs subwoofer cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bbanduser, Apr 6, 2005.

1. bbanduser

bbanduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,
    Need your help desperately on this one - are there any differences between normal stereo interconnect cables and subwoofer cables?

To put it into context, can I use a normal stereo interconnect to connect my processor to my sub? Alternatively can I use a sub cable like the IXOS XFA01 http://www.audiovisiononline.co.uk/...ixos+xfa01+3m&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB
    to connect my processor to my centre speaker? If there are differences, what are the pros and cons in going with either option?

Thanks for all your help. The cable industry seems it's there to confuse rather than clarify!

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    These interconnects are all the same (barring length and the fact that sub cables are usually single, rather than a stereo pair)

I assume when you say "to connect my processor to my centre speaker?", that you mean connecting your processors centre speaker phono output to the centre speaker phono input on your amp, rather than connecting to the centre speaker itself :)

The cable industry seems it's there to confuse rather than clarify
    :) :)

I wonder why that is!!! :)

3. bbanduser

bbanduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Mike. You are right about the processor-amp connection of course. Just wrote it down wrong!