Nordost "V" Transparent cables

T

The Duke

I have Transparent power, interconnects and speaker cables.
They are all at the MusicWavePlus sort of level (that's the bi-wire speaker cable).
I have recently acquired a Nordost Vishnu power cable that's completely blown the Transparent MusicLink Super out of the water and then some.

So it's got me a-thinking.

What's the Nordost Blue Heaven Rev II 3m Biwire speaker cable cable like I wonder?
It's around the same price mark.

Would appreciate your thoughts on the two marques

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,
Probably OK. Very overpriced. If you can get them second hand they're still over priced but if you like what they do fair play and they do look nice.:smashin:
Bit of a cynic when it comes to cables (as you may have gathered). To many years of spending thousands on cables and filtration devices and then coming down to earth with a big bump when something for 1/20th of the cost does the job just as well.
How many metres of speaker wire are you after? I have some Valhalla cable terminated for bi amping. Not sure on the length. If your curious let me know.
This guy makes stuff just as good (Power cords) http://venhaus1.com/VH_Audio_Test.html (At least I couldn't tell the difference on my old system)
The silver weave from www.homegrownaudio.com is worth a look too.
Well terminated CAT5 is the nasty shock to the system for speaker cable though......

I have my speakers 3m apart.
I do buy 2nd hand and have a few different cables that I must get onto eBay soon to free up some funds.
I have heard great things about the Valhallah cables, but I doubt you have a 3m run each side if you were simply bi-amping - now that would be over-kill!

Cheers
Tim

:) I was tri amping Densen Beat 350 Mono's with Linn Akurate 242. Had a single run and Bi wired/amped config. Considering the source was CD12 I didn't think at the time it was overkill. You live and learn I guess. :D
I have 2x 2.5 metre runs of bi wire but terminated for Bi Amp.

The Valhalla range is truly stunning, but i personally couldn't justify the cost...

As for Blue Heaven, it's an interesting sound, very detailed, but a bit dry and can sound a bit harsh at times... i would say try the Red Dawn instead, or a complete company switch have a look at Chord, both the Odyessy and Signature are breathtaking (Signature was almost as good as Valhalla in my opinion.. but certainly far better priced!!!)

Interesting cable.
Bit too bright for my system as it turns out.
Never mind!
The advantage with ebay; "What you can buy on eBay you can also sell on eBay!"

I had my usual team over this morning trying out the 5x reference tracks which we judge all hifi components by so it was a unanimous vote. The female vocals on Alanis Morissette and the Sneaker Pimp's female lead, Kelli Dayton in particular came close to screeching and the vocals on Chris Issak's track Wicked Game lost its depth and slightly brooding / menacing tonal quality too.
The Nordost was however, fast, dry and insightful, it presented forward of the speakers and in a traditional hifi would be quite a step up at a guess.
With the Martin Logans, it became a little tiring to cope with this forward, quick presentation, and ultimately the speaker cable I have at present, whilst it's far more laid back and slower, its presentation better suits the room's acoustics and type of music I listen too.
Still can't get solo piano to sound OK mind!

Cheers

Tim

Just curious Tim, Did you blind test or not? Not trying to belittle or anything i'm just curious. In the past when I tested speaker cable I never blind tested and was convinced that I could hear differences in presentation between cable A and B. Blind testing proved a bit more interesting. Suddenly the differences were no longer as apparant. I could still tell the difference between some but certainly not all and certainly not all the time. More than a little worrying when you've just spent several thousand on cabling.....

I can appreciate the real benefits of the blind test.
The difference was so very obvious within my system that it was unnecessary to be honest.
In a.n.other system these cables would probably be fab, but in mine, they went one step too far into the high frequencies and started to grate on ones ears / hearing!
Never mind, they are on eBay now, so it you gays and gals fancy a change you know what to type into the search bar of eBay!

Tim

Fair play. Good luck selling them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom