NORD power amplifiers

I would suggest trying the Denon on it's own first
save your eq file and re run Audyssey see how it sounds on it's own

Yes I have. I've always listened to music and movies 50/50 so I've always had an integrated amp with ht bypass connected to every AVR I've owned.

2-channel music is warm and mellow as the Denon is not used, my source connects to the MF amp. But movies are tiring after an hour or so using the Denon. I'm not sure if it's because of the Denon sound or its lack of power at high volumes. My room is acoustical treated and as said earlier, music sounds amazing.

Is your center channel speaker sitting on a shelf? Is it properly isolated?

I might be a bit biased regarding MF kit but i went the same route using HT bypass and i must admit had the same results but with another receiver ..cant remember which receiver been a while. I also found it tiring after a time with movies but music through the MF was as always superb.
I then used the receiver strictly for processing and purchased 3 and 2 channel MF power amps for surround duties..result was best of both worlds.

Before I go ahead and contact Nord, does anyone know the module config of the 5 channel version this . . .

Is it 5 x 1 Channel Modules ?

2-2-1

Attachments

• 20190408_111445.jpg
    20190408_111445.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 146
So the twin modules are spec’d exactly as a single module.

The website seems to be a little confusing with the module layout. Looking at the rear panel of these 5 channel options, it only shows the 8 channel version which is bizarre, and the rear panels are different between the black and silver casings.

So the twin modules are spec’d exactly as a single module.

The website seems to be a little confusing with the module layout. Looking at the rear panel of these 5 channel options, it only shows the 8 channel version which is bizarre, and the rear panels are different between the black and silver casings.
Best to contact Colin, he can give you a definitive answer and is very helpful 👍🏻

I think they change the rear at some point but i could be wrong

Best to contact Colin, he can give you a definitive answer and is very helpful 👍🏻

Yeah I get that but if I contact him tonight, knowing him, he’ll reply tonight so I’m going to wait until Monday. In the meantime I thought I’d ask on here.

This is how it is for 5ch

Attachments

• 20190408_131453.jpg
    20190408_131453.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 145
This is how it is for 5ch

Ah, I was going to ask how easy it would be to see the back of yours. So it does look like those rear panels did change at some point. With the pic of the black casing on the website being the up to date one. I’ll ask about the modules though. In the end, it is what it is, but I just like to know.

Last edited:
I bought blind but that's not for everyone

Am sure you will enjoy the chat with Colin, (14 days money back) thing is they do take along time to open up

I’m not fussed about time to get them going etc, that’s no issue. My current speakers appear to like a bit of power and I can find myself really winding the volume with music to get them going. That’s with a Emo amp.

what do you use for music, is it the 8012?

I found myself getting into the subject of pre out voltages and gain etc, thankfully the 8012 appears to be pretty good on this point.

I found myself getting into the subject of pre out voltages and gain etc, thankfully the 8012 appears to be pretty good on this point.

What’s speakers did you end up with Kev?

Is this of interest to you Kev? Not sure if you've seen it.

I hadn't actually seen that so thanks for the link :smashin:

I'm leaning toward a different setup though, at least I think I am, it depends on what day it is at the moment :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom