Bargain Nord Acoustics - Easy stream

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by barwell1992, Jul 17, 2019.

1. barwell1992

barwell1992

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
  2. dannnielll

dannnielll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +946
    Why would they have a digital out?. It is like saying you want a tv with another screen

3. barwell1992

barwell1992

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Why would you not want a digital out? I’d rather have the option to use a higher end DAC than the cheap DAC that’s built into this unit.. same reason the chrome cast audio has a digital out..

4. larkone

larkone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    Because some of us have fully digital amps (Lyngdorf) so better too leave the signal digital until the final output stage.

5. nevalti

nevalti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    OK, I know I’m the third to respond but I think the issue is that some people still argue that all DACs sound alike. They don’t. Even wires and capacitors don’t sound alike.

If you buy a well reviewed £2,000 DAC, you can be confident that it will sound better than the £4.50 DAC built in to the Nord Easy Stream. Always assuming, of course, that the rest of your system is good enough to be able to tell the difference.

I happen to have a Benchmark DAC2 having auditioned several well reviewed exotic DACs and some well reviewed cheaper DACs. In my system it suits me fine. None of the exotic DACs sounder better than the Benchmark DAC2 to my ears but they all sounded different from each other. The DACs I didn’t like may well sound fine in a different system which is yet another reason for needing a digital out - tailoring the sound.

Nord tell me that the design is currently being modified to include digital out. Maybe as soon as September 2019. If it truly is stable, it could be an absolute bargain. All the cheap streamers I have tried so far have proved to be frustratingly unreliable, troublesome and/or have mediocre sound. We’ll see! I sincerely wish Nord luck. It could change the market.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  6. indus

indus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,342

Nord are turning out to be a very interesting company, 'disruptive' is the (trendy) word methinks.

However as others have said a digital out is absolutely essential.