Bargain Nord Acoustics - Easy stream

barwell1992

dannnielll

barwell1992

Why would they have a digital out?. It is like saying you want a tv with another screen
Why would you not want a digital out? I’d rather have the option to use a higher end DAC than the cheap DAC that’s built into this unit.. same reason the chrome cast audio has a digital out..

larkone

Why would they have a digital out?. It is like saying you want a tv with another screen
Because some of us have fully digital amps (Lyngdorf) so better too leave the signal digital until the final output stage.

nevalti

Standard Member
OK, I know I’m the third to respond but I think the issue is that some people still argue that all DACs sound alike. They don’t. Even wires and capacitors don’t sound alike.

If you buy a well reviewed £2,000 DAC, you can be confident that it will sound better than the £4.50 DAC built in to the Nord Easy Stream. Always assuming, of course, that the rest of your system is good enough to be able to tell the difference.

I happen to have a Benchmark DAC2 having auditioned several well reviewed exotic DACs and some well reviewed cheaper DACs. In my system it suits me fine. None of the exotic DACs sounder better than the Benchmark DAC2 to my ears but they all sounded different from each other. The DACs I didn’t like may well sound fine in a different system which is yet another reason for needing a digital out - tailoring the sound.

Nord tell me that the design is currently being modified to include digital out. Maybe as soon as September 2019. If it truly is stable, it could be an absolute bargain. All the cheap streamers I have tried so far have proved to be frustratingly unreliable, troublesome and/or have mediocre sound. We’ll see! I sincerely wish Nord luck. It could change the market.

Last edited:

indus

Distinguished Member

barwell1992

Anyone have any views on these?
I have the easystream pro version with digital out, its a brilliant streamer for the money. they also do a higher end one now with a high end DAC built in.

Robert54

Novice Member
Barwell,

I believe the pro version has no volume control when using the digital out. Is this true?
Also, what do think of the App?

barwell1992

Barwell,

I believe the pro version has no volume control when using the digital out. Is this true?
Also, what do think of the App?
Correct, no volume when using the Digital out. the app is really slick and i believe amazon support will be added within the next month or two.

barwell1992

Which streaming service do you use it with just now? e.g. Tidal.
tidal, Spotify, tried deezer all works as expected.

also use tunein radio from the app.

Robert54

Novice Member
I use Tidal with Chromecast Audio into a separate DAC. I would like to upgrade to something better, preferably a combined DAC/streamer. However, I‘ve tried a few apps e.g Bluesound, Volumio, Roon and they all have their limitations. I work a lot with Tidal playlists and none of these apps provide full edit facilities for Tidal playlists. How is the Easystream app in this respect?