norah jones 8 grammys

adox

Ex Member
Reaction score
i was surprised to see norah jones win so many grammys last night, but pleasantly suprised i must admit.
i remember buying her album off her site along time ago, and really being impressed with it, but i always though that it wasn`t mainstream enough to be popular with the masses.
it was great to see a woman with such a great voice and talent getting recognised.
:smashin:

Definitely well done Norah. She deserves it, she has a great voice and she seems to appeal to a range of people. I have friends who love her album who you'd think would normally scoff. Just goes to show there is room for raw talent nowadays. Also well done Dixie Chicks for winning best country album.:clap:

Originally posted by adox
i remember buying her album off her site along time ago, and really being impressed with it, but i always though that it wasn`t mainstream enough to be popular with the masses.

Unlike The Brits, The Grammy's don't solely base their awards on record sales. Although, to be fair, Jones has sold a truckload. I find her stuff all a bit too whimsical to be taken too seriously although I don't doubt she has talent. Being pretty nice to look at and having a music world legend as your father probably doesn't hinder your career...

Well done to her :clap: Fantastic CD. So easy to listen to. Lets hope her next one is as good. :smashin:

Originally posted by Sgt.Colon
Well done to her :clap: Fantastic CD. So easy to listen to. Lets hope her next one is as good. :smashin:
I'll second that.

Nice to see Coldplay picking up a couple as well :)

And did I see a snippet of a live performance from Simon & Garfunkel at the Grammy's on the News :eek:

Originally posted by Squirrel God
I'll second that.

And did I see a snippet of a live performance from Simon & Garfunkel at the Grammy's on the News :eek:

yeah agree about cold play too. i wasn`t too interested in them when they firasst came out, didn`t but the album or anything, but when they started releasing singles off the second album, they forced me t buy it the songs were that good, and it didn`t disappoint.
are any of the english channels showing highlights at all?
an irish tv station is showing three and a half hours of it tomorrow night, so i think i`ll tune in.

yeah agree about cold play too.

It's just a shame Chris Martin always acts like a **** at every given opportunity. A shame as he's obviously talented and actually very funny when he's not overly trying.

Originally posted by juboy
It's just a shame Chris Martin always acts like a **** at every given opportunity. A shame as he's obviously talented and actually very funny when he's not overly trying.

good point. sometimes when he`s performing i keep waiting for him to fall off the seat at the piano.
and his comments at the brits ranged from the extrememly funny, to the extremely embarrassing.
but that`s for the press to chew over. i only look as far as the music and no further. if i really listened to what musicians had to say for themselves i might end up liking sting, or paul mccartny, or god forbid, r.e.m.:laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by juboy
It's just a shame Chris Martin always acts like a **** at every given opportunity.

Is that the lead sing? If so I remember him being interviewed once on the TV and I thought he was very funny. :)

Is that the lead sing? If so I remember him being interviewed once on the TV and I thought he was very funny. :)

Yep, that's him. Very intelligent and very funny but seems to get over excited and, as adox said, can become excruciatingly embarrassing at times.

That said, he's made a million quid and is/was banging Gwyneth Paltrow whilst still looking like the council estate kid everyone bullied at school... fair play.

Now if only I could write a couple of multi-platinum selling album :laugh: :clap: :laugh:

just noticed that norah jones has a dvd released today - norah jones live in new orleans. it`s available at amazon.com.
a european version is being released next month, but is missing a couple of tracks from the region 1 release.

just noticed that norah jones has a dvd released today - norah jones live in new orleans. it`s available at amazon.com.
a european version is being released next month, but is missing a couple of tracks from the region 1 release.
The concert was shown on BBC4 a week last Friday.
Played most of the tracks from her album and more.
It was an excellent performance (she's really very good
on piano) but she did come across as quite shy between
songs although I put that down to her inexperience.
I was hoping that her dad would join her on stage with
his sitar but it wasn't to be!
Her backing musicians were excellent too especially the bald
headed fella on guitar - don't know his name but I'm sure
I've seen him somewhere before.
All in all a very good live performance and definately worth
getting if you like her album.

Originally posted by Squirrel God
I'll second that.

just watched the grammys last night, and simon and garfunkel opened the show with " the sound of silence".
they sounded great. you wouldn`t have guessed they hadn`t played together for god knows how many years.
another highlight of the evening was a tribute to joe strummer.
there was a live performance of " londons calling" performed and sung by nils lofgren, dave grohl, bruce springsteen and elvis costello, brilliant stuff.

just watched the grammys last night, and simon and garfunkel opened the show with " the sound of silence".
they sounded great. you wouldn`t have guessed they hadn`t played together for god knows how many years.

Thank god.

But did you see their body language? You can still tell they hate each other.

Thank god.

But did you see their body language? You can still tell they hate each other.

yeah, paul simon looked like he wished he was anywhere else but on stage with martin mcguinness, sorry art garfunkel. and the little embrace at the end was so funny. they couldn`t even make eye contact.

martin mcguinness, sorry art garfunkel.

Lmao. I thought for a minute there that was his real name, until the penny dropped. :laugh:

I have to say I do find there stuff very depressing sounding. :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom