• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nooooooo iPhone for me :(

everitt1984

Established Member
Wounded!!!

Was selling my 3GS to fund a new iphone 4, came back to my locker at the gym this afternoon to find it unlocked... with my phone and wallet gone! Bastards

Not going to be able to afford one now as the sale was to pay off my remaining voda contract...

Afterall the hype n buildup of the other day totally deflated now! And no didn't have insurance, suppose I'll be taking it out on my next one!

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I can imagine how you feel :(
I always keep mine with

you should speak to the people who work at the gym they should do something

Jonesy012

Prominent Member
****, what kind of lock did you have? I've stopped taking my phone to the gym, and with an iPhone it's at even more risk of being smashed like my mates was. I'd never leave it in a locker though, I'd rather hand it into reception or be very careful with it.

Sorry to hear about your loss, massive nightmare scenario. Have a research with your other insurance providers to see if it covers it. I found out my bank covered my phone when it got stolen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spoonhead

Prominent Member
If you've got mobile me, send them a foul message, remote wipe your data and then lock the phone.

Gazza

crocandy

Established Member
Contact the Police and get a crime number, then contact your home insurance provider. Most cover thefts such as this.

Bad news that, but this is great advice. Also check your bank account some of these now come with phone insurance/personal loss etc..

Last edited:

mikee66

Established Member
bad crack mate, what did the gym say?

everitt1984

Established Member
Cheers for the kind words! Will check the home insurance and see what they say.

The lock was just a cheap combination one, got a bit of paranoia that I didnt 'snap' it shut but I think thats just me trying to over think it.

I usually take it round the gym with me using it for music but as I was selling it I didn't take it as I didnt want to scratch it/drop it when its sitting on the machines. Hows that for irony. - Also, my bank offered me an upgrade last year to one of those accounts where you pay I think it was £12p/m at the time and you get breakdown cover and phone insurance etc but I was too much of a tight wad to take it! Ahhhh!!!

Gym said they'd do what they could and see if any members hand anything in/information and ask staff etc etc but unless someone saw something then it's pretty much nothing they can do, cant expect cctv in a changing room. It's a fairly busy gym too so not really like they could narrow down who had been in at the time, but saying that if it's busy surely there was never a period when no one was in...

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Wounded!!!

Was selling my 3GS to fund a new iphone 4, came back to my locker at the gym this afternoon to find it unlocked... with my phone and wallet gone! Bastards

Not going to be able to afford one now as the sale was to pay off my remaining voda contract...

Afterall the hype n buildup of the other day totally deflated now! And no didn't have insurance, suppose I'll be taking it out on my next one!

:(

My hubby had his wallet nicked from the locker in Dunstable Leisure Centre. They also chucked his sports bag in the toilet :mad:

swiss_tony

Prominent Member
Check your gyms notice boards or your T and C's of your membership as there should be notices in the changing rooms disclaiming the gym from any responsibility for theft, loss or breakage of any of your belongings. More than likely they will have a section in the t and c's of your membership about keeping personal belongings on you at all time etc.....

Best bet is definately home insurance claim and if you can get it sorted asap, you may be able to sell phone as new and get a bit more for it.

simplyme

Established Member
Cheers for the kind words! Will check the home insurance and see what they say.

The lock was just a cheap combination one, got a bit of paranoia that I didnt 'snap' it shut but I think thats just me trying to over think it.

I usually take it round the gym with me using it for music but as I was selling it I didn't take it as I didnt want to scratch it/drop it when its sitting on the machines. Hows that for irony. - Also, my bank offered me an upgrade last year to one of those accounts where you pay I think it was £12p/m at the time and you get breakdown cover and phone insurance etc but I was too much of a tight wad to take it! Ahhhh!!!

Gym said they'd do what they could and see if any members hand anything in/information and ask staff etc etc but unless someone saw something then it's pretty much nothing they can do, cant expect cctv in a changing room. It's a fairly busy gym too so not really like they could narrow down who had been in at the time, but saying that if it's busy surely there was never a period when no one was in...

It's so important that you call the police and get a crime reference number. Usually home insurance policies will exclude your potential claim if you don't get a crime ref number within a certain number of days/hours.

everitt1984

Established Member
It's been reported and have a ref number so will get onto home insurance.

Tigermad, thats pretty low at least they didnt trash my bag or empty it anywhere. Still feel pretty violated! Just proper pleased I got a lift to the gym and didnt drive, if my car had gone I dont know what I'd have done!! At least the beggers wouldve been on cctv then though.

Whats mobile me? Sounds like I wish I had it though!!

Spoonhead

Prominent Member

Tigermad, thats pretty low at least they didnt trash my bag or empty it anywhere. Still feel pretty violated! Just proper pleased I got a lift to the gym and didnt drive, if my car had gone I dont know what I'd have done!! At least the beggers wouldve been on cctv then though.

Its Apple's online service

Apple - MobileMe - Your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and PC. In perfect sync.

Gazza

daymouse

Distinguished Member

Let us know the outcome wont you matey. :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom