1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nooobie get panny AE100 ... 3 questions ....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Feersum enjinn, Jun 30, 2002.

1. Feersum enjinn

Feersum enjinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay thanks for the help and info i have had from these boards. I finally bit my wallet and bought one, acually from a large electric store in London and still got £1350 - so im pleased with that.

First, I know nothing about home cinema, but for those like myself I can tell you i am very very very impressed. I dont even have my screen yet and am playing on my yellow all - the picture is still fantastic (for now). Distance from wall is 2.8 matres and i get a Width 2.5 metre and height 150 cms. Totally fantastic.

My three questions are .....

(1) When i plug the s-video lead form Dvd player to the panny i dont get a picture. I am using only video phone leads presently. ASny ideas why the svideo cable dosnt work?

(2) The manual says 1800 to 2000 hours lamp life, but the adverts in home cinema magazine say lamp life of 5000 hours!!! any idea why.

(3) The 1800 to 2000 hour is based on 'high lamp level' but i only use low. Should i overide the automatic stop once lamp reaches 2000 hours?

Many thanks for all your help
    Brgds

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Are you changing the input setting on the AE100 to s-video?

It gives 5000 hours in eco mode.

No need to overide, it wont shut down at 2000 hours in eco mode, it has something to do with the projector measuring the resistance accross the lamp, I think!

3. Feersum enjinn

Feersum enjinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the info - and yes i did change the input setting - no luck though. Strange.

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    It might be worth trying a differant s-video lead, or see if the plug screws back down the lead and then you can check for badly soldered connections.