Noontec Zoro - a Beats alternative?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Sebrogers, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Sebrogers

Sebrogers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Avforums,

My mum is after some fashionable headphones that she can also wear in the gym, she likes the Beats by Dre Solo HD because they come in purple. I don't agree that colour is the most important factor so I decided to check out some alternatives with better price vs performance and came across the Noontec Zoro Zoro | Noontec - www.noontec.com.au.

I'm thinking it would be better to go for them as she still gets a similar style, I can still be seen out in public with her (she's nearing 50!) and also if they get broken in the gym it's not quite as expensive to replace.

Can anyone reassure me this is the right choice?

2. Phildick

Phildick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I doubt it. They look like cheap rip offs.

3. rickm8384

rickm8384
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Phildick

Phildick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I read the review and i would not interpret it as a "great review ". When compared to fashion phones it did ok. Against more established ones not so good.

The noontec website is poor. Pigeon english and no technical specs.

5. Sebrogers

Sebrogers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A good point, I think they will be a bit of a risk after all. If they were such a good alternative then everyone would have a pair.

6. rickm8384

rickm8384
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Zoro's only recently came out as far as I know.

I only heard of them in June and according to Amazon they only went up for sale at the end of March. Hardly enough time for everyone to have a pair.

I took a flier on them and like I said, I love them. Most people I recommend them to love them as well.

7. Sebrogers

Sebrogers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How would you say the build quality is out of 10; have you ever compared them side by side with Beats?

8. Headphoneguru

Headphoneguru
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I've been through quite a few headphones, and previously owned a pair of Beats Solos and Pros. While I still love my Pros, the Solos were terrible. I think very little effort went into the Solo. Although the bass on the solos has a powerful oomph, it ends up overpowering and muddying up the rest of the song. Highs are terrible on Solos, but mids come out alright. Solos are really nicely built headphones, and they offer a very secure fit, even for running, which I do a lot of. So they would be ideal for the gym. However, the Noontecs, which I just recieved about a week ago, offer SUPERB sound quality. Great base response that keeps most songs sounding crisp, with smooth mids, and toned highs. Allowing all your music to be played without being muddied up. The downside to the Zoros however, is that they allow less isolation, and fit me personally looser than the Solos, so maybe not the best idea for the gym. But for the audiophiles on a budget, these headphones are sure to offer an eargasm. Couldn't be happier with my purchase, and if she's more interested in listening to her music in detail, these are the way to go. If she wants a snug fit with a heavy bass to power her through the workout, get her Beats. Personally, I'd take my Zoros over my Solos anyday, and I'll stick to my Shure E-315's for workouts.

9. LFC4TUNE

LFC4TUNE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Good view mate. My first listen is positive as well.
    Just because they are looking like Beats doesn't mean they sound like them. Far from it.
    For the price they are a steal.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012