Nooby SKY HD Question

Paulo uk

Standard Member
Hello.

Sorry to blast in with a question out of the blue. Should probably get to know you all first!!!

My Question:

When I disconnect the satellite cables from my Thompson Sky HD box, I cant access any menus etc, is this normal?

The reason I ask is I wanted to record some stuff at my address that has a satellite and then pop the box in the car and take it to my other address and watch it there. I guess this a measure by sky to stop you doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Paulo

welshcraig

Novice Member
it has to be connected to a dish to use all recorded functions. so no you cant record something then take it elsewhere with no sat connection and watch.

Paulo uk

Standard Member
Wow, that was quick - were you looking over my shoulder as I posted this?

Thanks so much for the quick and concise answer.

Is there anyway around this "feature"?

Have a great Easter.

Paulo

welshcraig

Novice Member
dont think so as like you said sky have done this to stop people doing this. only other way is record what you watch on something else like dvd or vhs.

Broadz

You can record anything under the sun - regardless of what subscription your card says you do or don't have access to. But you can only watch back channels which are in your subscription. And it checks what your subscription entitles you to watch by connecting to Sky using the satellite dish.

Paulo uk

Standard Member
You can record anything under the sun - regardless of what subscription your card says you do or don't have access to. But you can only watch back channels which are in your subscription. And it checks what your subscription entitles you to watch by connecting to Sky using the satellite dish.
Hi Broadz, not sure you got the gist of the question there!

In short: can I record at one house with my dish and then watch back what I record at another address without a dish or subscription?

OR: Is there a way around the fact that your not supposed to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Last edited:

Jez1

Novice Member
I think he's answered your question - the answer is no.

You need a subscription to watch the content you've recorded. Without a subscription and dish therefore you won't be able to watch the content.

Paulo uk

Standard Member
Ah-ha I see whats being said now. Apologies for my thickness Broadz and thanks for your answer and thanks to Jez for clarifying!

(stupid) Paulo

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom