1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nooby bying 1st projektor - help!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by remarK, Jan 13, 2003.

1. remarK

remarK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am lucking at bying my 1st projektor.

Doing some searchng on the web, I found here.

My spend is $1000 eurs. I was bying the Ae100 for that, but it now lucks bad. Always broken :(

Can the hs10 be good? or might Sony Z1? and ae200 - I don't find it here. Is it for always broke to?

Sorry for english - is bad!

Also, what means "avs"?? I see this here alot. Is it projektor to?

Tanks for help.

2. Coot

Coot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

I spent a while looking for a good, cheap projector and went with the Z1 and have found it to be fantastic.

I'm not sure what you could pick up for 1000 Euros ( about 650 UKP ) though.....

Peter.

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Remark

avs is a similer site to this one but based in the U.S.A www.avsforum.com
    If I was buying now I would go for the Z1.

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi remarK,

Welcome to the Forums!

Do not worry about the standard of your English, most members here are native speakers and it will assist your fluency to converse with them through the Forum.

I think you need to do some more research - while there have been faults with a number of AE100 models, there are over 100 members here who own the projector and it is more likely that ones with faults will be high lighted.

You should also consider you budget carefully - 1000 euros is not really enough to enable you to buy a new projector. The Sony HS10, which is a relatively new model on the market would cost you about 3200 euros, twice the price of a Panasonic AE100. The HS10 would appear to be more reliable than the Panasonic - a small number of members here have the HS10 and they are very happy with their choice, although there have been reports that early production models had to be withdrawn from the market due to a design fault with the lamp. While this difficulty would appear to be resolved, it is too early in the product's life to make any definitive comment about it's long term reliability. It should also be pointed out that the HS10 is reported by some users to be noisier than other projectors, and this noise factor is something you should take carefully into account when making a choice yourself. For many enthusiasts, the performance of a projector is a balancing between the visual preformance of the image thrown by the projector, and the performance of it in their home. For some, the best image in the world would be little consolation if they had to sit near a projector which made a loud droning noise all the time, spoiling the movie and disturbing them.

The Sanyo Z1, as Tim suggests would now appear to be a good choice, balancing a reasonable price (about 2200 euros) with excellent performance and adaptability.

You shuld do all that you can to see some different projectors working as a demonstration of their ability and performance. Then you will discover more information about which model might suit you best.

Good luck,

Sean G.

5. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Sean

As always you offer the most informative reply. I drop my head in shame, I just cannot match your replys, I suppose I must just be lazy. :(

You get my vote for the most helpful Forum member.

I bet your at work with nothing to do ;)
    :D

6. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Tim,

Oooohh !:blush:

Morning cup of coffee affords the chance to dip into the forum.

Any sign of your HMC FLD ? I did some further tweaking over the week end, re-watched Gladiator afterwards and am convinced that the filter makes a very significant difference.

Sean G.

7. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Hi Sean

My Filter arrived 2 minutes ago, not bad as it was despatched on Friday from Ontario.
    Of work sick, so I will have a play later :)
    I will report my findings on the other thread to save Hijacking this one.
    You must be on your Dinner break now then ;)

8. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Tim,

Off sick on a Monday ???

New Filter arrived ?? (Blimey that was quick !)

Sounds very serendipitous to me !! ;)

Hope you have fun and something nice to watch for the afternoon. Off out to sniff out some more bargain DVDs befor Jan sales are finally over.

Look forward to results,

Sean.