1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noobie questions.......

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Stonedog, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Stonedog

Stonedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya guys...

ive got a Pioneer 504hd which ive had for a couple of months and i want to know if im getting the best out of it that i can so please excuse the noobie questions))

1. ive got my Sky + connected via RGB to input 1 and im getting 625i appear in corner....and ive got a progresive scan enabled dvd player (Teac DV-L800) connected via input 3 with component cables (and a scart for sound from the TV speakers) and im getting 525p appear....is this correct? have i got them set up correctly as i got a nagging feeling that ive done something wrong)

2. i got a DVR-420 DVD/HDD Recorder included in the deal for my 504 but im at a bit of a loss on how to best include this in my setup to get the best picture and ease of use .

3. ive connected my modded Xbox (had a 120gb HD fitted and chipped) to input 2 via scart but all i can get on that input is a pal signal so the PQ isnt anything special...

all connections are with good quality leads and my amp is a Teac AG-L800 with Kef 5005's

am i getting best out of screen with the kit i have?

thanks

mark

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I assume you've set up 'component' for input 3 in the home menu set up? I cannot understand why you're using a scart cable for sound thru the TV from the DVD player when you can use a digital (coax) cable from the DVD to the amp. I can only see Input 2 (SVHS) left for the DVR-420. Does your amp have 2 optical inputs? Because I think this player only has optical out and I assume you're using one optical input for Sky +