Noobie needs help

Marcus Conway

Standard Member
I run wildlife photography courses Yorkshire Bird and Wildlife Photography Workshops and I would like to add a variety of videos to the site covering;

• interviews with other snappers (interspersed with their shots). Maybe add some customer tutorials
  • tutorials filmed on location
  • basic how to guides for camera settings
  • I have a canon 500mm f4, not sure if camcorders could attach to that - just a nice to have
Where do I start and what do I need. Will my existing tripod be ok? What about software and cables etc etc.

should I go read some books first???? :thumbsup:

chrishull3

I run wildlife photography courses Yorkshire Bird and Wildlife Photography Workshops and I would like to add a variety of videos to the site covering;

• interviews with other snappers (interspersed with their shots). Maybe add some customer tutorials
  • tutorials filmed on location
  • basic how to guides for camera settings
  • I have a canon 500mm f4, not sure if camcorders could attach to that - just a nice to have
Where do I start and what do I need. Will my existing tripod be ok? What about software and cables etc etc.

should I go read some books first???? :thumbsup:
Its a complex question and yes you should read some books and see if you can find any help on google, if you have never done any video filming its a fairly big thing to start off with , if your videos are planned to be dvds you may not need to start off with hd, a good tripod ie velbon 600/700 is realy wanted for good steady shots and you will need to be able to learn how to edit , regarding your lens the only cam that may possibly fit is the top of the range canon XL 1/2 + XL H

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom