1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noobie needs advice on s/w

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by shins28, Dec 11, 2004.

1. shins28

shins28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello
    I am getting Sky+ for Christmas (thanks Barbara) and I am buying a DVD recorder, probably the Pioneer 220.
    However, I have no idea if it is possible to take a movie that I have recorded from Sky+ and then edit out the commercial breaks etc.
    I have a DVD writer on my PC (Asus) but until now I have never used it to create any movie files, only to make back ups etc.
    Like I said, complete Noobie!!
    Any advice would be most helpful.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You could record the movie on to DVD-R and then use video editing software on your PC, like Pinnacle Studio 9. You would then need a DVD recorder on your PC to burn it to yet another DVD. It would be much easier to use a DVD recorder with built-in hard disk, but these are rather more expensive.

3. shins28

shins28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:
    Could I use a re-writable DVD to record onto and then transfer the new edited final movie to a write once DVD?
    Presumably I could then format the re-writable and use it again, or am I being simplistic? :)
    I have also been reading horror stories about Pinnacle 9 but nothing but good about Video Studio 8. What are your experiences?
    Cheers...