1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noobie Advice

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Ja50nKay, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Ja50nKay

Ja50nKay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    I have done a search, but not come up with much within my budget.

I am looking for an AV stand to support my 24" TV, panasonic sc-ht870 dvd system, its centre speaker, and my video recorder. Extra space for a sky box if i get one, and for cd's / random stuff would be nice, but not essential.

I am very limited with space, ideal size would be no more than 1000mm, but could stretch to 1300mm. Depth limited to no more than 70mm, and height I don't mind, but as the tv will be on top make your own judgements on whats sensible.

I'm not too fussed about materials, but certainly don't have the time/motivation or skill to make my own. Any recommendations on units or even where to look?

On a budget of about £150, and space is tight. :)

2. chipwood

chipwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I've seen the jali stuff that has been mentioned in the threads. try www.jali.co.uk you can get something made to your own sizes :thumbsup:

3. mnewsholme

mnewsholme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you really man 70mm for the depth? never seen a 3 inch deep vcr or skybox before :D

4. Ja50nKay

Ja50nKay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    :oops: 700mm, obviously :p

Not sure I like the idea of the JAli stuff, just wanna buy summat already done. There is absolutely nowehere round here that does anything suitable so I have plumped for getting something online, so ANY recommendations will be considered (assuming they dont cost many hundreds of pounds)