Noobi time......Should all my speakers be from the same range?

MrSkipsey

Established Member
Reaction score
Or can I mix them up abit?
Ive purchased a Sony STR-DG710 amp from Beasty (top fella) and have been looking for some 5.1 speakers to go with it.

Ive noticed that people seem to have floor standers at the front and book shelves for the rears. Is there any reason for this or is it possible to have floor standers front and rear if the space is there???

Also,......Im looking at Mission 33i floor standers (front and rear if possible) and mixing it with Q Acoustics 1000c sub and possible centre or should I get everything from the one range / brand?

Cheers,
Mike.

i think that floorstanding rears would work better than bookshelf speakers.
if you are wanting to mix and match your speakers i would get speakers that all have a similar db rating so some speakers are not alot harder to run than others.

I'll start by saying I don't have a x.1 system - just about to go from 2.0 to 2.1.

However, I'd be in inclined to spend more on the front speakers than the rears, as they will be producing most of the sound.

For example, the Missions you mention are £156/pair at Superfi - so that's £312 for 4 speakers.

You might get better sound quality by spending £200 on the fronts and £100 on the rears.

Just a thought!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom