1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noobi questions on Pioneer dvr 220 and connections

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jonno1, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Jonno1

Jonno1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry all, noobi time.

I bought a Pioneer 220 dvr yesterday of which I'm very pleased except I’m having trouble with the video/audio adjust menu. All the presets appear to be the same settings no matter the label with no option to change settings – the detailed settings bit is greyed out. Changing the options in the memory detailed settings appears to do nothing when previewed. Am I doing something wrong?

I’m also confused with the connection set up at the moment and I don’t know whether everything is being piped through at the best quality. My equipment is:

Panasonic TX 21 MD3 Television (8 years old but still pin sharp clear picture)

1x Scart RGB input and 1 Scart S-Video in/out

1x S video and composite sockets at front of TV.

Panasonic NV-SV120EB S-VHS Video recorder (Although this will now be used as a player only to transfer tapes to DVD)

1x rear Scart marked AV1 (TV) and 1 scart marked AV2 (DECODER/DECODEUR/EXT)

Pioneer DVR 220
    1x Scart AV1 (RGB) TV AV Connector and 1x Scart AV2/Auto start REC (Input1/DECODER) AV Connector. These are all set to RGB in setup.

Pioneer DV- 656A Player (Excellent playback)

1x Scart AV Connector 1 (RGB) TV and 1x Scart AV Connector 2 (Composite Video Output)

Nokia Mediamaster 221T Freeview box

1x TV Scart and 1x Aux Scart (TV set up as RGB)

And finally a Trilogy 2 self powered Scart automatic switching box to lash the whole lot together!

I hope that there is a more elegant solution for this lash up which will hopefully improve the picture quality.

Thanks all

2. akpak

akpak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm not very good on connections, so I'll leave that to someone else. On the first question, I'll have a go based on 2 weeks' experience of the 420.

With the 420 you can't adjust the named presets, but there are 3 settings which you can change as you wish - Memory 1, 2 and 3. However, when you go into the Video/Audio Adjust menu, what you change varies according to what the machine is doing. When it's stopped, you get to adjust the input signal (VCR etc), but when a disc is playing (or paused) you get to adjust the output quality. There are 3 memory options for each of these.

Good luck
    akpak