Noobi questions on Pioneer dvr 220 and connections

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Jonno1, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Jonno1

Jonno1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry all, noobi time.

I bought a Pioneer 220 dvr yesterday of which I'm very pleased except I’m having trouble with the video/audio adjust menu. All the presets appear to be the same settings no matter the label with no option to change settings – the detailed settings bit is greyed out. Changing the options in the memory detailed settings appears to do nothing when previewed. Am I doing something wrong?

I’m also confused with the connection set up at the moment and I don’t know whether everything is being piped through at the best quality. My equipment is:

Panasonic TX 21 MD3 Television (8 years old but still pin sharp clear picture)

1x Scart RGB input and 1 Scart S-Video in/out

1x S video and composite sockets at front of TV.

Panasonic NV-SV120EB S-VHS Video recorder (Although this will now be used as a player only to transfer tapes to DVD)

1x rear Scart marked AV1 (TV) and 1 scart marked AV2 (DECODER/DECODEUR/EXT)

Pioneer DVR 220
    1x Scart AV1 (RGB) TV AV Connector and 1x Scart AV2/Auto start REC (Input1/DECODER) AV Connector. These are all set to RGB in setup.

Pioneer DV- 656A Player (Excellent playback)

1x Scart AV Connector 1 (RGB) TV and 1x Scart AV Connector 2 (Composite Video Output)

Nokia Mediamaster 221T Freeview box

1x TV Scart and 1x Aux Scart (TV set up as RGB)

And finally a Trilogy 2 self powered Scart automatic switching box to lash the whole lot together!

I hope that there is a more elegant solution for this lash up which will hopefully improve the picture quality.

Thanks all

2. akpak

akpak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm not very good on connections, so I'll leave that to someone else. On the first question, I'll have a go based on 2 weeks' experience of the 420.

With the 420 you can't adjust the named presets, but there are 3 settings which you can change as you wish - Memory 1, 2 and 3. However, when you go into the Video/Audio Adjust menu, what you change varies according to what the machine is doing. When it's stopped, you get to adjust the input signal (VCR etc), but when a disc is playing (or paused) you get to adjust the output quality. There are 3 memory options for each of these.

Good luck
    akpak