1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob Video Scaler Questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bob Todd, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    Could some of the boffins in here spare a few moments to answer my questions please.

1. I have just purchased a Sharp 32 GA3E, is a Video Scaler processor worth it with a Display of this size?

2. I have NTL currently being FED into my Tosh RDSX 32 DVDR via RGB and outputted at 580p via Component Video To the GA3, would an Iscan or other increase NTL's picture quality to warrant the cost of buying one?

3. Would a Scaler improve Xbox video the same way (I am playing PES4 at 480p and it looks like sh*t, but then PES4's gfx suck anyway :D )

what are the pro's and cons of the current crop of scalers

does anyone rate the IMAGEMAX PLUS VIDEO SCALER I know its cheap but it might be cheerful

2. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    damn what happened to all those tekkies in here

3. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    :D damn do i have to be a member of a secret order to get a response

4. gam

gam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    not a tekkie but for 1 and 2 - a few posts down from yours http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168641 so probably not then

for 3.... from personal experience, not if you are already getting 480p out of the xbox but it will make games harder to play.... any video processor will introduce a slight time delay due to it processing the picture.... this is a problem when playing games as your controller will seem less responsive.