Noob-Toobing, with one man army perk. Cheating ?

d0ct0r46

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I ended up on the same team with someone a few nights ago and they had a noob tube with one man army perk. As soon as he fired off his nades he then switched back to the same class (using the Y button, i.e one man army perk) and got a fresh set of ammo. He was very skilled with this and racked up countless killstreaks. When the game finished, in the lobby the other team were livid accusing him of cheating.

It got me thinking. Is it cheating or just a loophole in the game that is legitimately exploited ?

This was discussed recently (can't remember the thread now). I don't see this as cheating, more a hidden 'feature' of the One Man Army perk. :eek:

If I run round with my Scavenger Pro perk, I can resupply everything as I go....no different in my eyes.

This was discussed recently (can't remember the thread now). I don't see this as cheating, more a hidden 'feature' of the One Man Army perk. :eek:

If I run round with my Scavenger Pro perk, I can resupply everything as I go ....no different in my eyes.

Except for stingers unless you are holding the stinger :smashin:

I think this is the same as for guns with small clips of fast sprayers so ammo doesn't last long.

In addition theres a good 3-4 seconds using one man army (maybe 2 if its pro) where you have no weapon and are pretty open to attack.

I ended up on the same team with mikepriester a few nights ago and they had a noob tube with one man army perk. As soon as he fired off his nades he then switched back to the same class (using the Y button, i.e one man army perk) and got a fresh set of ammo. He was very skilled with this and racked up countless killstreaks.
fixed it for you also.. hehe

Oh thanks man, thought I played with you at the weekend :rotfl:

Nah OMA aint cheating, if it is, then at the moment I must be the biggest cheat on here :D

ATM I always start with OMA to get a few tubes going off, problem I found though, always, nearly always get killed whilst changing to my SCAR-H & AA-12 class :facepalm:

Last edited:
The perk lets you change from one class to another and all the guy did was change from one class to another :). Perfectly legit.

If I run round with my Scavenger Pro perk, I can resupply everything as I go....no different in my eyes.

but with scavenger you have to find dead bodies/ammo packs with switching back to the same class you can do it on the spot !!

imo I think is a legit tactic not cheating :smashin:

True....but the amount of ammo I find lying on the ground is amazing!

Thats cause you always run back to where you died :smashin:

LOL!

I agree. It's not cheating. Cheating is gaining an unfair advantage over your opposition. It's not an advantage as you can do it yourself. Cheap? Maybe. Pretty much on par with the ninja class! :D

Same as camping then? :D

Not cheating. If they put it in the game with the intention for people to use it, how can they be called cheats for using it?

A flaw with the game.

A good way to get the challenge for kills using one man army perk quicker me thinks?

They should stop this though as it will stop riot shield boosters.

Each takes turns in equiping the shield and one shoots at the shield unitl the bullets run out then they swap classes and repeat.

How does this work? Launchers can only be a secondary gun a one man army takes away your secondary gun. Am i missing something :confused:

How does this work? Launchers can only be a secondary gun a one man army takes away your secondary gun. Am i missing something :confused:

The M203/rifle attached grenade launchers on the assault rifles.

I don't think it's cheating, it is a bit cheap though, and if it's about 2 seconds with OMA pro, it's no slower than reloading the grenade launcher anyway so it's pretty much unlimited ammo. :thumbsdow

And doing it this way lets you carry a secondary weapon, which you cannot do with One Man Army.

Aside from OMA being (IMHO) a daft perk, the obvious way to fix this 'loophole' is to only allow changes to a _different_ class. That should put 'em off, g1mps that they are :mad:.

I don't think it's cheating, it is a bit cheap though, and if it's about 2 seconds with OMA pro, it's no slower than reloading the grenade launcher anyway so it's pretty much unlimited ammo. :thumbsdow
3 seconds with pro, not including the time to push y and then click x after you've selected the class you want.

Ah, i thought noob tube was a rpg lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom