1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob TMREQ question

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by cj, Nov 7, 2003.

1. cj

cj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Just started playing around with TMREQ and ETF 5 for measurement, following through the examples. A couple of noob questions:-

1) Do you use the ETF "Low Freq" test for all the speakers, or just the subwoofer (instead of Full range)?

2) Does it matter what the AV volume setttings are, as long as the test signal is within range (0 to -10db)?

3) When I press "Set Target Level" in the TMREQ Wizard, should these levels all be the same?

4) Is the "Sweep" test in ETF 5 any use?

Be gentle with me...

Thanks,

Colin

2. cskates

cskates
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    1) It depends - the low freq test is more useful I think since it gives you better resolution for <150Hz. You can use the full range test to check for any problems at higher frequencies, but your SPL microphone may not be accurate at higher frequencies. Most problems caused by the room are in the bass region so that's where most benefit lies.

2) Doesn't matter at all.

3) They don't have to be. After adjusting TMREQ you should recalibrate the speaker levels in the speaker calibration menu to make sure everything is balanced.

4) When I tried it it gave much the same results as the MLS. Tag recommend the MLS test so that's what I use.