1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob! SUBWOOFER QUESTION (help?please)

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by dummie sub, Apr 22, 2005.

1. dummie sub

dummie sub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I have a potentialy challenging question... Im very new to all this... so bare with me...

Ok heres my problem/question... I have a stereo... a regular not complicated cost like under $200 stereo cd plyer and cassete player and two speakers... What I want to do is this... I have a spare subwoofer... and I was wondering if there was ANY way that I could hook it (the sub) to the stereo... even if it means doing a little custom job or something... im just really curious... thank you in advance for anyone that would bother to answer me or call me a flippin moron... ^__^

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    If it's a passive sub, or an active sub with high level (speaker) inputs, it should be possible. Think we'd need more detail of what the sub is and what the amp can output eg has it a spare set of speaker outs?...PJ

3. dummie sub

dummie sub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *laughs* AMP?pfft Ihave no amp...or at least Idont think I do... AND I dont have a reciever... or the speakers that came with the sub... Ionly have the sub becuase my brotherfried the reciever and the speakers...what i have is your simple tipical stereo... (off brand too *laughs* ) cd player... cassete player... and radio... thats it... its pretty loud... but no bump if you understand the vernacular... and the sub is "RVC" as far as I can tell I cant tell you specifics... simply because I dont know...

once again... I thank anyone that would bother to reply or tell me im a fool for trying..

4. JBL 4645

JBL 4645
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the sub bass then use the high-pass outputs on the sub bass going to the loudspeakers…

Play a musical tone that’s down to has low as 30Hz or 25Hz by turning the volume up on the sub bass and the main volume on the amplifier…and the keep the sub bass near to the loudspeakers if at all possible…now that should work hope all goes well good luck… :thumbsup:

Ashley….

5. dummie sub

dummie sub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll try that.. thak you for your help... i'll post back my results...

much thanks...