Noob question

MattDX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just started to play this (about to hit level 20) and as I bought the taken King edition I got a token that boosts a character to level 25. If I create a new character and boost them to 25 have I effectively broken the single player game for that character as I guess they'll have no decent spec equipment etc. If so what's the point of the boost?

No, at level 25 they can start the Taken King storyline and progress as normal - going to level 25 means you can skip all Y1 storyline which doesn't really get you anything of value item wise.

John

What john says, you'll also get some rare and possibly a legendary drop/s to help you on your way, when you use the boost.....well you did on the Ps4 version anyway.

Also have you done the refer a friend thing/quest as @debtmachine is after a new friend as he likes the look of that shiny new sparrow ;) :p

As they say, it won't break the game/story. But don't google Google. It'll break the Internet.

Getting to level 25 still leaves all the story there. When taken King came out, you could pick up bounties to redo the whole story. I picked them up in error thinking that the game had bugged & wiped the history of me already completing. I'd recommend playing from the beginning. It's what we buy games for after all. Hope you enjoy destiny. Plenty of folk on here that will be happy to help when you need it.

As they say, it won't break the game/story. But don't google Google. It'll break the Internet.

Getting to level 25 still leaves all the story there. When taken King came out, you could pick up bounties to redo the whole story. I picked them up in error thinking that the game had bugged & wiped the history of me already completing. I'd recommend playing from the beginning. It's what we buy games for after all. Hope you enjoy destiny. Plenty of folk on here that will be happy to help when you need it.

Agree about playing through the game but I'm assuming if he's level 20 he's already done the Y1 content and this is to boost the second character?

John

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom