1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob question re Denon Autodetect/setup

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Spartacus, Nov 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ok well maybe 2.

I have just bought a 2105 and a couple of things puzzle me.

1. It refers to an OSD. I don't have any video outputs so not sure how this works (presumably it will work if I have "any" output to a monitor?)

2. My (old) 5.1 speakers (new ones on order) have a subwoofer which connects just like any "normal" speakers. It doesn't have a seperate amplifier/power source.

The Subwoofer connection is a "jack plug" into a "pre-out" (whatever that is).

Do all "new" subwoofers have one of these connections?
    Is this the only connection I need?
    Until then where do I "stick my subwoofer" (there's an invitation if I ever saw one!).

Sorry for these basic questions but the back of the amp looks like the starship enterprise compared to my old one.

2. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well I didn't think it was such a daft question, and there have quite probably been people who could have answered this who read the post.

Nevermind, I will work it out from elsewhere.

3. AgeOwns

AgeOwns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the back of the amp their will be monitor out port... it is a s-video connection, connect this to your tv for the OSD. (it says it in the instructions)

As for the subwoofer, the manuel for my 2805 clearly tells you where to plug it in, I'm sorry you are going to have to read the instructions

4. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't think I can plug it in as it doesn't have it's own power supply, just some standard speaker cables. I will wait for my new speakers which hopefully have the standard jack plug in the subwoofer.

Thanks for your other answer though, I guessed as much but was looking for alternatives. Fortunatly my (old) TV does have a S-video plug.