1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob question: Just got 50" DLP, vertical line on non-HDTV channels?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Smokeytirez, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Smokeytirez

Smokeytirez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks

Been lurking a while, and this my first post. Lots of great info here and I really appreciate having this forum!

Decided to spring on a snazzy TV finally. Decided to go with the Samsung DLP 5063 series. Awesome set. Great pic on HD and DVD. TV pic is pretty good too considering how poor the signal is on non-HD channels (and on a 50" TV!).

Anyway, on non-HD, non-DVD viewing (ie. regular TV channels) I get a white, dashed, vertical line on the right side of my image. Is this normal? It only appears on regular TV channel images (that are being scaled with black bars on the right and left). It doesn't bother me too much. Just wondering what it is, and if there is anything I can do about it.

I've sifted through the instructions and setup and tuning options and nothing seems to address this. Any ideas? Anyone see anything like this before?

Thanks! And thanks again for this great forum!

-Smokey