1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob question about sacd

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by av addict, Aug 2, 2005.

1. av addict

av addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    noob :clap: why has my dvd player got 6 channel audio out sockets if it does not play sacd discs-i have these on my amp as well can i not connect both up to give me sacd sound or should i stick with my coax cable-thanks sparkytoon

2. Ronm1

Ronm1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your sig list the panny 97...it is a dvd-a player so it has the other Hires format

3. av addict

av addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    yes i use coax to listen to dvd-a would six channel be better then and would i be able to get dts sound when watching dvd discs movies from six channel cheers

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    DVD-A is only available via the 6 analogue leads on mosy DVD players/receivers. The exception being Denon link and Pioneers iLink.
    If you listen to a DVD-A with only the coax connection then you only hear the DD/DTS sountrack and not the high res DVD-A track.

To get the best of both worlds you should use digital coax or optical and 6 phono analogue leads. Use the digital for DD/DTS films etc and the analogue for DVD-A.

Mark.

5. FeisalK

FeisalK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    you can compare the DD/DTS decoding between your player and receiver if you conect the 6ch analog outputs.

Anyhow, since the S97 has HDMI you might want to think about a HDMI capable receiver on your next upgrade then you can do away with the 6ch analog for DVD-A

6. av addict

av addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    cheers guys thanks for the info :hiya: