Noob question about G10

mfractal

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been a regular reader of this forum but this is my first post.
I'd like to start by saying that the amount of knowledge in this forum is amazing, thank you all for contributing!

To my case..

I have ordered a V20 set and while i was promised it'll be delivered to me by tuesday there was some kind of a delay and so i got a G10 as a temporary solution while i wait.

Once i got it i immediately hooked up my laptop via HDMI.
The picture that i see while is very nice, seems too dark to my taste.
If i look at a white background (such as of a directory in windows) instead of being white the background is grey. I tried to play with brightness and contrast but increasing brightness too much makes the blacks ugly (they become greys) and i had to go to 100% with the contrast to get some sort of nice picture.

So right now i am kind of disappointed, and while i am aware of the fact that i am a complete noob with everything TV/Plasma related, it seems to me that i have exhausted all the options to improve the quality of the picture.
Bottom line - it is too dark.

Now, there might be a possibility that the store gave me a set that is too dark i guess, i am just worried that when i get my V20 in a week or so i am going to see the same situation.

Did anybody maybe experienced something of the sorts ?

Thank you, and excuse my nooby questions again.

is there nobody with a g10 that could shed some light on this situation??

I think it's not a fault, it is just that the panels do not seem to go as bright as an LCD monitor for example. I know what you mean, it just looks a bit dark.
I hooked my PC up to my Pio6090 when I first got it and had a similar experience.
Dont worry, just enjoy your films!

I think it's not a fault, it is just that the panels do not seem to go as bright as an LCD monitor for example. I know what you mean, it just looks a bit dark.
I hooked my PC up to my Pio6090 when I first got it and had a similar experience.
Dont worry, just enjoy your films!

alright man, thanks!
guess i will need to get used to that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom