• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Noob Q. Cant find an answer....how do i...

chris777uk

Standard Member
...connect my Acer Aspire 5620 series laptop to my tosh 32wlt66 LCD TV by DVI>HMDI?

does the DVI fit in the VGA port?? thats the only gfx port i have on the lappy! the card is an ATI x1300

Thanks for anyhelp as im bamboozled by it all!

I tried VGA to VGA but it only put a samll box on the screen an had a horrible green backround thing going on

Chris

PeteD64

You won't be able to connect to HDMI on the TV from your laptop without a digital video output & it sounds like you only have analogue. It needs to be DVI-D or DVI-I.

There should be a way of improving the VGA picture by setting a different resolution somewhere under the graphics driver settings.

There's a thread in the LCD forums called something like 'Is the 32WLT66 a no go with a PC' that should help with suggested resolutions.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom