1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob needs advice

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Aunty Mary, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Aunty Mary

Aunty Mary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have been lurking here for a while now and from the various posts ,have just ordered a 42" panny from AV Sales,step one accomplished :)

now having viewed some of your stunning home set-ups i cant help noticing a lack of "corner" installs,my question is has anyone done one ? and if so how did you accomplish it (what gear?) and any problems ?

before you all start posting i know the ideal set-up isnt in a corner but the missus refuses to move the furniture around to accomodate my obsession :)

if i dont get any help i may be forced to buy a stands unique corner unit (gulp -gonna end up more for furniture than the TV! :eek: )

thanks in advance guys.

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,688
    Hello Aunty :D
    Try having a look through "get your plasmas out thread" its been on page 1 of the plasma/lcd section for months :thumbsup: . IIRC someone somewhere has their plasma in the corner , but I think they use a swing mount to move it to the centre . Its always worth showing the thread to Uncle (sorry , couldn't resist :laugh: ) if only to show her what can be achieved with a little effort

good luck

john

3. Aunty Mary

Aunty Mary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pfffffffooooooooowwwwweeeeeeee!!

71 pages of threads later and 109 pictures of your living rooms/boudours etc.. to show the missus, guess what? only one person has a corner set-up :(

so its back to the drawing board i guess,i am thinking of mounting on the wall using either a unicol fold out bracket or a sms safe bracket which could "swing" into place across the corner of the room?

anyone have any opinions on these products or if my idea is any good?

ps- plasma is getting delivered on tuesday so i dont want to hang about to much with fitting/installing my gear (no pun)