1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOOB needing help!

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by njh23, Feb 20, 2005.

1. njh23

njh23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This might be a really stupid question so bear with me. I have recently purchased a phillips 28pw5118. It is working off an analogue aerial plugged straight into TV ie no digibox. I can not afford switching to digital as apparently I need new aerial and cables as well as a digibox. Would I see any benefit in changing the cable connecting the aerial socket to my television and are there different cables and connectors available?

Thanks for any help.

2. njh23

njh23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oops make that a phillips 6518/05. Picture quality is good but there is an occasional fuzzyness which is noticeable around the edges of graphics and text.

Thanks again.

3. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Unless you've got a particularly poor cable there is little to be gained with purchasing another as the RF signal is not going to be as good as a digital one from a source such as FreeView/SKY.

Are you 100% certain you can't recieve digital signals where you are? I was told the same a couple of years back but when I plugged in my FreeView box it worked a treat.

ALI