• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Noob looking for advice

P

Popple3

Hey,
I'm a noob when it comes to MCE and TV cards, but not when it comes to PCs.
I'm just wondering if my desired set up is possible, and what hardware I will need for it.
I 'm planning on having my XP MCE PC in the attic hooked into a wired home network. In the games room there will be an Xbox 360, and in the living room, an MCX set-top box.
I was hoping to have Sky+ in the living room and standard sky in the games room, but I want the standard Sky routed through my MCE PC, so I can record on that aswell, and the Sky+ box set up normally (I'm fairly sure from my research that it's very hard/impossible to have both routed through MCE).
But, I've also read it's complicated/impossible with Multiroom, coz sky checks if both boxes are in the same house. So if this is impossible, then just FTA through MCE.

Basically I just want to know, what I need to get my desired (or nearly anyway) setup.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Also, with FTA, if I decided to extend my network to other rooms, can each room pick up different FTA channels? Or do I need a specific TV card (Or 2 normal ones)?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom